TUTOR PART TIME - MATHEMATICS
Olive-Harvey College is seeking a qualified Tutor Part-Time in
Mathematics to join our team. The Tutor bridges the gap between the
college and the needs of the student. This position also helps
students make academic progress, while promoting independent
learning and self-reliance. City Colleges has transformed the lives
of more than one million alumni through education, and we aim to
serve as an economic engine for the City of Chicago. Academic
Support is committed to helping students meet their academic and
- Provides academic assistance to assigned tutees, either in a
group or individually.
- Establishes liaison with the instructor and works under the
instructor’s direction to assist the student.
- Attends periodic training sessions given by staff members to
increase competency in working with students.
- Maintains records on each student who is being tutored,
including follow-up and periodic assessment.
- Schedules tutoring appointments.
- Provides evaluations and other reports as required by
- Helps students develop positive attitudes toward learning and
studying and helps students develop a high level of motivation in
- Assists students in achieving a better understanding of
specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in
- Helps students develop the study skills necessary for academic
- Establishes and maintains rapport with the assigned
- Assists in designing and implementing class cooperative
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in
- Consideration will be given to candidates who do not have a
Bachelor’s degree but possess technical certification(s) necessary
for the subject being tutored.
- Possess experience tutoring upper-level mathematics: Calculus
1-3, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, Statistics, Finite
Math, and Discrete Math, preferred.
- Proficient in subject area to be tutored.
- Experience working in a large urban community college
environment with a diverse cultural and ethnic student body is
- Must be self-directed and able to complete assignments in a
- Knowledge of effective tutoring techniques and strategies in
- Knowledge of tutoring strategies used for improving student
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Completion of tutoring certification preferred.