This position will be open until filled.
Assist with bookstore operations, which may
include cashiering, ordering, shipping, and receiving merchandise
and textbooks, assisting customers, and stocking shelves and
displays; provides excellent customer service in support of HACC's
mission and purpose.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 0 years experience. Or a combination
of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the
essential duties of the job.
Please note that this position is
required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present
completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire.
scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
The Equipment You'll Need For This Position:
It is HACC’s expectation that candidates selected for this role
will provide their own technology equipment while working
- Your own computer (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh desktop or
laptop) with current web browser installed (Firefox, Edge, Safari,
- Access to broadband internet connection at all times during
employment (DSL, 4G/LTE, FIOS, Satellite, or Cable/Xfinity/Comcast
- Equipment/technology which enables you to communicate
synchronously during meetings and other events, such as USB
Headset, speaker and microphone, captioning services, adaptive
technology, assistive devices, etc.
- Excellent customer service oral,
written, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Outlook,
Word, Publisher, Excel), Google Applications (e.g., Documents,
Sheets, and Calendars) and learning new software (e.g., Banner,
PrismCore, and PrismPOS), UPS and/or Fed Ex shipping software
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50
pounds on a regular basis and load and unload daily shipments
Job Specific Task List:
- Provide excellent customer service by processing purchases,
returns, and refunds; provide timely follow-up with customer
inquiries. - (Essential)
- May perform some or all of the following: open/close the store
location; operate cash register and point-of-sale (POS) system for
financial transactions; place orders for merchandise; ship,
receive, unpack, and shelve/display merchandise/textbooks; notify
supervisor of discrepancies in deliveries; monitor inventory levels
and notify bookstore staff as needed. - (Essential)
- May assist bookstore managers/staff with any or all of the
following: ordering merchandise/textbooks, processing invoices for
payment, processing purchase orders, creating marketing materials;
running reports. - (Essential)
- May assist campus dining/food services during staffing
shortages by operating cash registers, serving/restocking food, or
receiving inventory. - (Essential)
- Perform other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Part-Time (More than 1,000 hours)
If part time, hours per week:
Up to 28
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement:
As an institution of higher
education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an
environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of
inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the
community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to
open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and
equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote
a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect,
and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to
the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all
we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a
climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and
- We provide the most accurate information available in all
Dec 22, 2021 Eastern Standard Time