Position Information-Job Vacancy
Full Time or Part Time
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Hiring Salary Range
$31.34 - $34.47/Hourly
Job Description Summary
Under the direct supervision of the Program Director responsible
for performing complex, confidential and diversified administrative
duties in support of faculty, staff, students and the college
- Bachelor’s degree
- Combination of education and related experience for a total of
CRITERIA : The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria
used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the
applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application.
Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below
for this position.
- Manage all aspects of the delivery of the college’s
responsibilities under the RTP grant. This includes all delivery
methods (classroom, distance learning) and on- and off-campus
- Design or select and deliver program assessments using the
- Develop programs to meet the needs of the RTP grant.
- Oversee the development of course curricula.
- Participate in the recruitment, training and evaluation of
adjunct faculty, consultants and/or support staff.
- Design or supervise production of marketing materials for
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness, implementing
modifications or eliminating as needed.
- Cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships and
partnerships as needed to reach the goals of the grant.
- Promote the college’s capabilities and services to business,
government and professional communities for the purpose of
soliciting contracts, engagement, and good will and to increase
their overall knowledge of Prince George’s Community College.
- Oversee academic support services for the grant, including
tutoring, and meet data collection requirements for the grant.
- Recruit and assist students as needed.
- Use good judgment, a clear understanding of the grant project,
and experience to make program decisions.
- Network with other campus programs and offices, other community
colleges, refugee service agencies and the general community to
accomplish work objectives.
- Attend program meetings, including state-wide grant meetings,
and participate in program conference calls as needed.
- Due to the broad nature of this function, coordinators work in
a fast-paced, stressful environment filled with unexpected
interruptions and challenges. Flexibility and the ability to think
independently are essential as is the willingness to perform
physical work such as carrying and delivering books to off campus
classes if needed.
- As a team player, assist in other WDCE efforts when
- Undertake and complete special projects and other assignments
at the request of the director or the dean.
- Review and recommend instructional materials.
- Visits sites to observe and evaluate instructors. Prepare,
distribute and discuss results of visits.
- Participate in professional development related to the
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Is Background Check Required?
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday between the hours of
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Prince George’s Community College values the safety of its
students, faculty, and staff. As part of that commitment, the
College has announced effective October 21, 2021, all students,
faculty, and staff must be vaccinated against COVID -19 or tested
for the virus weekly. As a prospective or new employee, you will be
required to comply with this mandate and all the necessary safety
protocols, including wearing a mask. Please direct your questions
related to the vaccination, testing, mask mandates, and
requirements for exemptions to VMPO@pgcc.edu .
You will receive an email acknowledging
receipt of your application, upon which time no further
communication occurs unless selected for an interview or the
position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have a combination of education and related experience
for a total of at least six years? See minimum qualifications for
- * Briefly describe your experience referenced in the previous
question. Do not enter 'See Resume'
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 2