Potomac State College, part of the West Virginia University system
of campuses, located in Keyser, WV is seeking a highly qualified
individual for the position of Library Director. The Director of
the Mary F. Shipper Library is responsible for supporting a
service-oriented program that researches and ensures excellent
operational management of library information systems and support
of end users. The Director defines and articulates the vision,
strategic directions, and priorities for the future of the library
that includes a dynamic environment that values creativity,
teamwork, and innovation. The Director has the primary
administrative and supervisory responsibility for 4 library
employees as well as 8-12 student employees. This position is
full-time, 12 months with full benefits, and a starting date of
January 5, 2022.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate
- Plan, budget, and set policies for all operations.
- Maintain close collaborative relationships with organizations
on the local campus, WVU campus, and within the local rural
- Work with administration and faculty to ensure that library
resources are meeting the needs of WVU Potomac State College.
- Measure service quality and implement improvements.
- Maintain and monitor copyright/intellectual property issues and
coordinate licensing of online resources.
- Hold primary administrative and supervisory responsibility for
library services, programs, access, collection management,
instruction, and research.
- Identify, implement, and evaluate current emerging
technologies, virtual reference services and instruction.
- Engage in formal and informal curricular instruction
articulating academic library issues to both internal and external
- ALA accredited master's degree in library or information
- Minimum of two years of management/supervisory experience,
including planning and allocating of resources.
- Preference will be shown to candidates with work experience in
higher education or an academic library, in developing and managing
budgets, and/or who have active professional involvement in the
library or information technology fields.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Collaborative work ethic and the ability to build effective
partnerships, articulate goals, and negotiate priorities
- Complete the online application and upload (under Attachments
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial college transcript(s)
- Contact information for three (3) professional references
Priority will be given to applications received by October 15,
2021. Application deadline is Nov 1, 2021.
West Virginia University is a family of distinctive campuses with
locations in Morgantown, Keyser, and Beckley. At West Virginia
University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for
achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative
minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of
progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students,
faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there,
and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU.
Potomac State College, located on the WVU Keyser campus, is known
for its small size and tradition of academic excellence. Our
tuition remains one of the lowest in the state for a four-year
institution. Find out more about your opportunities as a
Mountaineer at http://careers.wvu.edu/.
WVU is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. Underrepresented class
members are encouraged to apply. This includes: minorities,
females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.