The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
is the development of professional health care practitioners
through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom,
clinical, and distance education.
The Executive Director is a member of the technology management
team for the University of St. Augustine Health Sciences (USAHS)
with responsibilities for technology initiatives that improve
student and end user experience, cost effectiveness and service
quality in an institutional environment. The Executive Director /
Director has a key role in leading organizational change toward an
agile structure, working collaboratively with senior leadership to
develop the IT roadmap for USAHS in alignment with the
organizational goals and objectives aligned with the long-range
plan and participating in the budgeting processes and decisions.
The Executive Director / Director will ensure alignment of IT
priorities with business initiatives and create an effective
process of prioritizing and managing cross-functional IT
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in collaboration USAHS leaders in planning for future
technology needs and assist institutional leaders in understanding
the complexities of information technology resources and service
- Manage information technology resources and budgets to
emphasize cost effective optimization of current technology and
identity opportunities for enhancement to ensure maximum benefit to
students, faculty and staff.
- Understand the institutional units and operations, how these
units interact with enterprise systems, and assess current issues
- Determines long term IT needs for the institution and
participates in the development of a strategy for systems
development, infrastructure acquisition and deployment.
- Identify high-level conceptual improvements to technology
challenges; push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of
existing industry practices and client mindsets
- Leads the gathering of business needs as well as the design of
solutions through direct interaction with institutional
- Responsible for translating customer’s business needs into
functional and actionable specifications that can be relayed to the
appropriate technical development team member. Must have the proven
ability to translate business needs into the overall business plan
and “bigger picture”.
- Develop functional specifications and have the ability to
communicate complex concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Identify, review and edit requirements, specifications,
business processes and recommendations related to proposed
- In collaboration with the Director, Education Technologies,
provide leadership and support of student and classroom technology,
including but not limited to Banner, Blackboard, online learning
and medical technologies.
- Delivers the necessary IT CapEx/ OpEx project documentation and
monthly resource allocations to Finance
- Facilitates sharing of best practices through informal
communication channels and/or formal training sessions.
- In partnership with the IT leadership establish, update and
maintain key operational metrics for monthly business reviews.
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may
deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Chief Information Officer
Sr. Manager, Technology, Applications
Development team, Technical support teams
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A solid background of experience and an impressive record of
innovation and attainment of goals in complex organizations,
especially in a global enterprise environment and matrix
- The ability to travel extensively.
- Strong change management and leadership skills, and the ability
to apply them to implement new systems and redesign work, are
- Experience in directing and managing within a dynamic and
challenging environment, working inclusively through people to
achieve shared objectives.
- BA or BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or
Business Operations; MBA a plus.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of progressive information technology
experience in a collaborative IT service focused environment.
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity
when facing difficult situations.
Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under
Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the
organization to be successful.
Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are
motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its
People Leadership - Leads by example when it comes to
finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition
strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and
development of high potential talent.
- Business Acumen: He/she will have good financial and budgeting
skills and understand ROI. Will have experience aligning technology
expenditures with business objectives.
- Leadership Skills: A self-starter who can excel in a team
environment of an aggressively growing and dynamic enterprise. A
nonpolitical team player, who can build immediate credibility with
the leadership team and with all the IT personnel staff within the
division and headquarters. It is essential that this individual has
the ability to personally solve problems, coach others, step up and
take decisive action to rectify any divergences and can work in a
- Mentor and Training: A passion for sharing project management
best practices with others ' all in pursuit of 'institutionalizing'
PM within an enterprise. Support those interested in knowing more
about the profession.
- Strong Execution Skills. Drives flawless execution of projects
as well as contributing to continuous improvements of critical
projects and programs. The ability to understand complex needs to
ensure IT plans are delivered as promised.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national