The Department of University Student Financial Services on the
Daytona Beach Campus is currently hiring an Account Analyst
(Analyst) to join the team. The Analyst will be a demonstrated
self-starter, with strong analytical, problem solving and critical
thinking skills. The Analyst should work well with diverse external
and internal constituents in a team-oriented environment. The
incumbent should have excellent customer service orientation,
communication skills (both verbal and written), interpersonal and
strong organizational skills.
The Analyst will have a full understanding of the student’s life
cycle including the registration process, financial aid awarding
guidelines, payment plans, third-party sponsorships and
The Analyst will have in-depth knowledge of State and Federal
Regulations and University Policies/Procedures and other regulatory
agencies to ensure compliance. The incumbent will be responsible
for weekly and monthly reporting to management regarding student
receivables, credit balances and other miscellaneous reports.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Run weekly, monthly or term reports to audit, identify and
verify student debt
- Outreach to student with current debt via phone and email
- Run credit balance reports to assist with refunds
- Run miscellaneous reports to identify student account anomalies
and delinquent payment plans
- Provide financial counseling, payment options and support to
students and parents
- Collaborate with internal departments to assist with student
- Collect on returned payment items
- Post and adjust miscellaneous charges/credits
- Review eligibility for book, EAGLE Card and flight
- Assist students with various requests including but not limited
to account statements and tuition reimbursement forms
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work related experience, including
background in customer service.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-orientated with the skillset to recognize anomalies in
billing, payments and other student related processes.
- Ability to take corrective action and administer appropriate
- Analytical skills with an in depth knowledge of information
systems and technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems,
Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook/email, and Internet