Responsible for application operational support for graduate
admission and ELSA . Also
Serves as print correspondence coordinator for prospective and
admitted students and manages inventory of marketing
Maintain competence in and understanding of all operational duties
related to the admission process and application processing within
the Office of Admission Department, specifically dealing
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules admission interviews with respective program
- Data entry of admission documents and loose credentials into
Colleague and Slate systems.
- Scans application file documents.
- Creates weekly lead and application reports.
- Assists in conducting personal admission interviews with
prospective adult and graduate students.
- Maintains an organized program of follow-up activity with
applicants to insure a high rate of completion, timely admission
decisions and matriculation from application through
- Generates database queries as requested.
- Provide general backup support as needed for other members of
the operations team, which can include evenings and weekends.
- Works with senior management in the Office of Admission,
College staff and outside vendors in implementing direct mail
projects to prospective students throughout the enrollment
- Builds print communication flow utilizing Technolutions Slate
in partnership with senior management staff, including developing
queries for mailings under the guidance of the CRM Data
- Assigns data entry and mailing projects to student workers and
student ambassadors. Trains student workers on running query
processes to produce lists for mailing projects.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of printed materials and
coordinates storage of printed materials at external
- Maintain historical usage data of all brochures and
publications related to admissions and make available for senior
management for review and analysis.
- Coordinates and prepares print communication flow documents to
prospective students throughout the enrollment process. This
includes undergraduate, UGSP, ELSA, and graduate levels.
- Provide student services as needed.
- Fulfills all inventory requests from campus partners and
- Maintain copier/printer supplies within department.
- Attend meetings and conferences as required.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to continuous
- Supports mission, vision and values
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
(Preferred, but not required)
- Previous transcript evaluation experience preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Well developed oral and written communication skills with the
ability to communicate with diverse student populations and all
levels of institutional leadership.
- Solid understanding of higher education and in particular,
private liberal arts colleges and their mission.
- The ability to project a positive image of the College in an
organized, accurate manner.
- Part time or Full Time Availablity
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Colleague and/or Slate experience a plus.
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather
conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to
10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force
frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move object. Ability to carry and lift display and
promotional material, approximately 20 pounds.
This is a temporary position with flexible hours between 8:00 am –
4:00 pm working 20 – 40 hours a week.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please be aware that as a continued emphasis on keeping our
community safe and healthy, we will require all faculty, staff, and
students to submit verification of full vaccination for COVID
Please provide 3 references, including name, phone number and
email. This may be included in applicant’s cover letter or optional
Elmhurst University is a leading institution of higher education
that seamlessly blends liberal learning and professional
preparation to help students reach their full potential. Elmhurst
University offers more than 70 undergraduate majors, 15 graduate
programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the
acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults
with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst University is one of the
Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World
Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank
Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher
Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical
component of the University’s mission, vision and core values. Our
commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher
learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst
University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal
employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Direct Link to this Posting