Administrative Support Assistant II
Under administrative review by the Institute on Aging Director and
administrator, performs administrative duties and internal and
external communications and functions on behalf of the Institute
Director and administration.
- Supports the Institute on Aging Director and administrator,
maintains confidential files related to faculty, staff, and
- Arranges, participates in and schedules social functions,
meetings, conferences, committee meetings and records minutes.
- Researches and gathers information to assist in developing and
drafting speeches, correspondence, presentations and reports, as
needed by the institute leadership.
- Performs purchasing, travel arrangements, reimbursements, and
- Provides support as needed with fiscal reporting, payroll
distributions, space, asset management.
- Performs administrative duties for the Institute as requested;
responsible for answering and directing phone calls, greeting
visitors, coordinating appointments, handling mail as
Assist administrator with HR tasks as needed for the
- Assist with Institute on Aging Research Seminars by attending
and setting up PowerPoint presentations; provide technical support
during the seminars; obtain data and maintain the database of
speaker evaluations and CME credits.
- Coordinate information updates for the Institute on Aging
- Schedule Pepper Center scholar and junior faculty mentoring
committee meetings. Attend mentoring meetings, take minutes and
maintain individual progress notebooks. Prepare travel and
reimbursement expenses for Pepper Center scholars. Assist with
Pepper Center annual meetings, including external advisory board
travel, honorariums, expenses.
- Other duties as assigned.
$22.51 - $24.90 per hour; commensurate with education and
High school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate
effectively both verbally and in writing; ability to prioritize,
plan, organize and coordinate work assignments; to establish and
maintain working relationships with University, College and
administrative representatives, work independently, utilize
problem-solving techniques, prepare reports.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, and be proficient in
Reference Manager, Peoplesoft, and Microsoft Office.
- Coordinates multiple tasks and work independently and
productively in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Experience with PeopleSoft.
- Experience with desktop applications like Outlook, MS Word, and
Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat; knowledge of PeopleSoft systems as
they relate to the UF Accounting systems, Inventory, Purchasing and
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and
resume, and the contact information for a minimum of three
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with
respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status,
national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic
information and veteran status in all aspects of employment
including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline,
terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are
claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214
Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our
Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This is a time limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
Health Assessment Required: