The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Development Office is
seeking a Director of Development. The Director of Development is
responsible for implementing a broad range of fundraising
activities, primarily focused on soliciting and closing major gifts
($100K+) in support of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Advancement, the incumbent
is responsible for assisting in developing and executing the
fundraising program to fulfill the financial needs as identified by
the Dean of the college, and in alignment with the strategic
initiatives of UF Advancement. Duties and responsibilities include,
but are not limited to:
Fundraising and Relationship Development
- Build a portfolio of fundraising prospects at the major gift
levels ($100,000+) and strategically manage relationships through
face-to-face visits to bring gift solicitations to closure.
- Within 36 months of start date develop a portfolio that will
consistently raise $1.5 million per year or more in support of the
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences averaging 140-160 personal
visits annually and 10-15 gift solicitations per year of $50,000 or
- Maximize travel plans to strategic geographic regions for major
gift solicitations/donor engagement.
- Collaborate with the Gift Planning team to develop and
implement a gifting strategy for qualified donor portfolios at the
planned giving level.
- Set and implement strategies for identification, qualification,
relationship-building, and solicitation to close and steward major
gifts for the college.
- Collaborate with college faculty and unit/program directors to
understand and formulate priorities and opportunities related to
individual gifts at the assessed level.
- Must develop a comprehensive understanding of the college
mission, strategy, and goals as they relate to fundraising.
- Acknowledge and recognize gifts in ways that are meaningful to
donors and appropriate to the mission, vision, and values of the
unit and UF Advancement.
- Develop and implement communication and engagement plans to
keep prospects connected to the college and informed about the
mission, vision, and values of the unit, its funding priorities,
and gift opportunities.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with college
administration and faculty through regular, consistent, and
- Write gift proposals, concept papers, and other documents that
will help to inspire donors to give generously to support the
- Attend and support activities and events involving volunteers
- Serve as a liaison for CLAS Advancement to at least one
departmental advisory board
- Partner with faculty and staff at the college for donor
engagement and fundraising strategy
- Ensure best practices in-office systems, files, and record
- Provide research, market, and prospect information for
inclusion into the UFA’s integrated database, and handle
confidential prospect information in a sensitive, ethical
- Contribute to the planning and monitoring of the budget, using
resources for best results in fundraising and planning activities
involving volunteers, prospects, faculty, and administration.
Perform related duties as required or deemed appropriate to the
accomplishment of the responsibilities and functions related to
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and
Master's degree in appropriate area of specialization and three
years of appropriate experience in Development or a related field;
or a bachelor's degree in appropriate areas of specialization and
five years of experience in Development or a related field.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 3 - 5 years of major gift fundraising experience with
documented success in cultivating and soliciting major gifts of
$100,000 and above from individual and corporate prospects with
- Prior experience in a college or university setting, enthusiasm
for fundraising in a comprehensive research university, and the
desire to work collegially within a goal-oriented fundraising
- Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods, and
- Expertise in developing solicitation strategies.
- The ability to work strategically, develop and implement
constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for
- Ability to work collaboratively and be a team player
- Competency in problem-solving.
- Must be an outstanding communicator and possess excellent
written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and
the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a
- An appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace
in all its forms; proven success working with stakeholders; project
management skills; experience in a data-driven environment;
organizational skills; and the ability to lead, influence and
motivate others is required.
- Working knowledge in these areas: Windows, Microsoft Word,
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, internet browsers, preferably
Internet Explorer, E-mail. Working knowledge of a donor database,
contact management, and tracking system.
- The ability and willingness to travel. A valid driver's license
and a good driving record are essential.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter,
resumé, and the names and contact information of three professional
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
Valid Florida driver's license.
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automatic External
Defibrillator (AED) Training is required.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still
under consideration and need not reapply.
Health Assessment Required: