Reports To and Evaluated by
Director of Facilities & Operations
High School Diploma, GED or 2 years of relevant experience. Ability
to perform routine custodial duties including vacuuming, floor
care, mopping, glass cleaning, sanitary washroom care, trash
removal, lifting and setting up for activities. Must be able to
work on ladders, and assist in maintenance of buildings, routine
painting, tiling, plumbing, and electrical work. Perform snow
removal and salting work. Must pass criminal background
Must be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of
compassion, fairness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and
Custodial and maintenance experience.
To perform routine custodial and maintenance duties including trash
removal, lifting, setting up for activities, washroom care,
plumbing, painting and electrical work. The responsibilities and
duties of the General Maintenance position may change as the needs
of the college arise.
Specific Job Duties
- To perform routine custodial duties on a daily basis such as
vacuuming, floor care, mopping, glass cleaning, sanitary washroom
care, trash removal, lifting and setting up for activities in the
assigned campus location(s).
- To assist in general maintenance duties on campus including
changing light bulbs, routine painting, tiling, plumbing and
- To perform snow removal and salting work.
- To complete all maintenance work orders as assigned on a daily
- To work with other Physical Plant staff in maintenance /
- To perform other custodial and maintenance duties as assigned
by Director of Facilities & Operations.
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation