Writing Tutor (Part-Time)
Reports To and Evaluated by
Tutoring Center Director
Bachelor’s degree and knowledge of the relevant pedagogy in the
subject matter to be tutored. The candidate must demonstrate
excellent person-to-person communication and computer skills; a
positive attitude, patience, resiliency, dependability, and a
strong desire to help students gain confidence and increase their
competence in the tutored subject matter.
Must be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of
compassion, fairness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and
Teaching or tutoring experience; a Master’s degree in the subject
to be tutored. Bilingual – Spanish.
Tutors will be hired to tutor in a specific subject area, or group
of subject areas, based on the needs of the College and expertise
of the tutor.
The Tutor will: tutor students; maintain records; advise faculty of
students’ progress; promote the Tutoring Center; develop
instructional materials; evaluate instructional software and
instruct students in its use; assist with the evaluation of
services and programs within the Tutoring Center; schedule tutoring
appointments; and perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Duties and responsibilities may be modified as the needs of the
Specific Job Duties
• Provide one-to-one and/or group tutoring in subject matter to be
tutored to students in the Tutoring Center.
• Document and advise faculty regarding student’s progress in
• Instruct students in the use of computers, software and other
learning resources in the Tutoring Center.
• Evaluate instructional materials and software in the TC.
• Schedule tutoring appointments in the Tutoring Center.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
2 positions are open
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this employment opportunity?
- Morton 'careers' website
- Internal posting
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed jobs
- newspaper/trade journal
- * What is the highest degree completed?
- H.S. Diploma
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae