Administrative and Events Assistant to Graduate Admissions
Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of
the graduate admissions office by performing the following
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintains admissions records on all graduate applicants. This
includes monitoring electronic files for completeness.
2. Processes correspondence to prospective students regarding the
status of their admission and preferred partner applications,
3. Maintains appointment book, and schedules appointments for
4. Responsible for new employees onboarding.
5. Makes travel arrangements for staff such as booking flights,
cars, and hotel reservations and assisting in processing
6. Maintains a current and accurate budget bookkeeping
7. Responsible for the inventory and ordering of materials and
8. Prepares requisitions and maintenance request forms.
9. Coordinates graduate student recruiting events including
planning logistics and programing.
10. Provide texting and phone call support for events.
11. Responsible for processing graduate readmission
12. Presents a positive supportive image of the Graduate Admissions
Office, California Baptist University, and Christian Higher
13. Other duties as assigned
This position is responsible for assigning work and/or giving
direction to part-time Student Workers in order to complete office
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
§ Skill using Microsoft Office and related software
§ A thorough knowledge of: Business writing skills and arithmetic;
general office methods, procedures and practices.
§ Ability to analyze information.
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to
work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student
§ Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
§ Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge, and experience.
§ Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
§ Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and
§ Ability to resolve conflict or customer concerns.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); or one to
two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Other Document
- Other Document 2