Current University of Arkansas System employees including
student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday
on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to
view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified
Closing Date (if designated).
To view the job posting closing date please return to the search
for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to
submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You
will be able to access and complete the application through “My
Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home
Type of Position:
Temporary (Fixed Term)
University of Arkansas at Fort Smith
The University of Arkansas - Fort Smith is a vibrant mid-sized
public university dedicated to breaking the higher education mold
by bringing truly transformative, hands-on experiences to every
student. From high school seniors to senior professionals,
first-generation students to second-chancers, our goal is to
provide a high-quality, future-focused education that honors each
student's unique, personal situations and goals. Our tiered
approach to learning offers students access to more than 80-degree
plans and programs including certificate, associate, bachelor's,
and master's degrees. We seek to recruit and retain a diverse
workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse
population of Arkansas, to maintain the excellence of the
university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines,
Located on the Arkansas-Oklahoma border and situated in a region of
lakes, Fort Smith is the second-largest city in Arkansas and
features a vast array of cultural activities, shopping, dining, and
entertainment, including a thriving downtown entertainment
district. Parks, trails, and water recreation are all within the
city limits, and true outdoor enthusiasts will find the area’s
lakes, streams, and mountains offer adventure only minutes away
from campus. Fort Smith was recently named by Forbes as the number
one city in America for the cost of living, and a top city in the
nation for the highest-paying tech jobs. The city is within easy
driving distance of Tulsa, Kansas City, Dallas, Little Rock, and
Thank you for your interest in joining our university. Below you
will find details for the position including any supplementary
documentation and/or questions you should review before submitting
your application. For general application assistance or if you have
questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring
process please contact Human Resources at 479-788-7080. Applicants
are required to submit a request for each position to which they
Summary of Job Duties:
The Registered Student Organizations
Assistant (RSOA) will be responsible for maintaining Registered
Student Organization (RSO) files, assist with training efforts and
NUMALink website maintenance, and create RSO support documents. The
RSOA will report directly to the Director of Student Activities and
Coordinator of Assessment for Student Affairs (DSA) and the Student
Life Office Manager (SLOM).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be a UAFS student in a major field of study such as
Business, Accounting, Finance, or other similar degree or have
strong relevant experience in working with financial records.
- The student must also be in good standing and enrolled in a
minimum of 9 credit hours.
- Prior experience in a RSO is a plus.
- Knowledge of UAFS community.
- Excellent customer service skills including proper telephone
etiquette and pleasant phone voice.
- Knowledge of SAO events, procedures, and policies.
- Knowledge of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of various software programs including Microsoft
Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media
- Public speaking.
- Assist with the upkeep of RSO files on NUMALink.
- Manually enter purchase requests and private fund deposits for
100+ RSOs on a weekly basis.
- Work with DSA to set up and maintain NUMALink Budget Requests
module for RSOs.
- Work with DSA to set up and maintain NUMALink Purchase Requests
module for RSOs.
- Work with DSA and SGA Treasurer to set up and maintain NUMALink
Budgeting site for RSOs.
- Setup/maintain allocated, rollover and private fund account for
- Update RSO spreadsheets to include SFunds, copy codes, activity
codes, student leader, and advisor contact information.
- Assist DSA with creating/prepping training material for RSOs to
include video and webinar-style training, how-to guides, and RSO
- Create a marketing brochure or handout for the RSO Star of
Excellence Program once per semester.
- Track RSO attendance for incentive program and training
- Assist with RSO key check-outs and visitor parking passes.
- Assist Student Activities Marketing Assistant with RSO
Information for Social Media as needed.
- Assist RSOs with approval of flyers, making copies, restocking
copy paper in the SAO and computer lab, checking and distributing
office mail and maintaining a clean SAO Workroom area.
- Greet guests, answer phones, and cover Switchboard when
Required Documents to Apply:
Recruitment Contact Information:
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of
Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
This position may be subject to a pre-employment criminal
background check, sex offender registry check, financial history
background check, and/or drug screening. A criminal conviction or
arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone
shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship
to the requirements of the position. Background checks and drug
screening information will be used in a confidential,
non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative
action institution. The university welcomes applications without
regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin,
disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran
status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation
or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to
work in the United States on the first day of employment. All
applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the
Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Constant Physical Activity:
Hearing, Manipulate items with
fingers, including keyboarding, Repetitive Motion, Talking,
Frequent Physical Activity:
Driving, Lifting, Reaching,
Repetitive Motion, Standing
Occasional Physical Activity: