Assistant Vice President and Chief Enrollment
The Chief Enrollment Officer reports to the Vice President for
Enrollment Management and University Communications and serves as a
member of the President's Cabinet. They will work with Executive
Leadership in achieving goals set out for growing recruitment,
enrollment, and reputation as laid out in the University's current
The Chief Enrollment Officer provides innovative leadership in
designing the University's enrollment strategies and makes
sophisticated use of high quality, data-driven, evidence-based
enrollment decisions, utilizing best practices in admission and
enrollment management, while inspiring others on campus to work
collaboratively in achieving enrollment goals. This position is
responsible for driving international, undergraduate, transfer, and
graduate admissions and enrollments. In partnership with the
President, Vice Presidents, and Deans, will discuss plans and
create action steps to reach these targets; and monitor progress
throughout the recruitment cycle. This position will spearhead the
University's effort to recruit an academically strong and diverse
student body in alignment with the University's goal of enrollment
growth. In collaboration with the Vice President of Enrollment
Management and University Communication, this individual will set
and manage enrollment targets (new and continuing, undergraduate
The position will also work collaboratively with the Executive
Leadership team along with Finance, Student Financial Services and
Academic Offices in developing a financial aid leveraging model to
effectively distribute institutional aid to undergraduate and
graduate student populations. This activity is a critical component
of the University's strategy to convert and retain students as well
as position Adelphi with peers and competitors.
The Chief Enrollment Officer provides clear strategic direction on
engagement of strategic influencers, prospective students, and
families, and is responsible for targeted recruitment initiatives,
expanding the (inter)national brand and awareness of Adelphi
University. This individual will work closely with the Chief
Communications Officer and the Chief Marketing Officer to
coordinate all brand and awareness related enrollment activities.
Additionally, this individual will be responsible for maintaining
efficient budgeting, event strategy, and advancing the selectivity
of the University.
The Chief Enrollment Officer provides leadership, training, and
clear communication to the admissions and financial aid staff and
assists in change management at all levels.
: Vice President for Enrollment Management and
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Following are several opportunities, priorities and expectations
for the new Chief Enrollment Officer:
REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Analyze data and plan strategies to enhance enrollment, such as
admissions criteria, scholarship and aid policy, and retention
- Implement and maintain a state-of-the-art enrollment management
- Assist in the management of technologies designed to assist and
provide service to students (i.e. Technolutions Slate, College
Source TES, etc.).
- Design and implement a structure that fosters increased
coordination and cooperation to attract the best students from the
tristate region, the nation, and the world.
- Actively participate with other offices to design and implement
an effective financial aid leveraging model.
- Collaborate with academic units on developing annual enrollment
management strategies and projections for new and continuing
- Educate the community and relevant partners (such as the Office
of the Provost, school and college deans, department chairs and
program directors) about student needs and methods to assist with
recruitment and enrollment.
- Assist in managing the daily operations of the enrollment
management offices including University Admissions and Student
Financial Services ensuring multi-project coordination related to
recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- Represent Enrollment Management on University-wide committees
including the President's Cabinet and the University's scholarship
committee that sets strategic policy for awarding scholarships and
aid to new incoming students.
- Oversee strategic outreach to high school, CBO, and community
- Work with the Office of Academic Services and Retention on
strategies to maximize student persistence.
- Assume direct accountability for enrollment goals as specified
by the President in the strategic plan and in line with governing
- Assume accountability for achieving multi-year and annual
enrollment objectives and track progress on goals.
- Analyze data related to strategic directions; proactively
assess effectiveness of programs and offices in response to market
forces and university objectives.
- Assist in negotiation of budgets, tuition and fees.
- Coordinate direct messaging and communication to all students
- Work closely with University Communications to develop
recruitment material and marketing efforts including a monthly
- Collaborate with the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
on multicultural recruitment, programming and special
- Retrieve, analyze and report out on internal and external data
and enrollment trends.
- Develop, execute, and continuously refresh in-depth
communication plans for all relevant external stakeholder
- Manage enrollment management budget lines, monitoring expenses,
and budget proposals throughout each fiscal year.
- Assist in management of third party partnerships including
those focused on lead generation, enrollment marketing, and
financial aid optimization.
- Maintain oversight on territorial analyses fueling recruitment
- Provides leadership and supervision of enrollment management
teams including hiring, training, coaching, and developmental
- Collaborate with the VP for Enrollment Management and
University Communications to develop and coordinate smart,
creative, effective, and efficient travel strategies, stabilizing
existing markets and growing in new markets.
- Ensure effective collaboration with faculty in student
recruitment efforts and academic partnerships.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Awareness of market and societal trends affecting undergraduate
and graduate enrollment; stays on top of institutional and market
- Deep knowledge of recruiting strategies; track record of
success of expanding the pool and improving yield of highly
- Keen understanding of the role that financial aid plays in an
enrollment management program; financial aid leveraging experience
and the ability to optimize resources.
- Sophisticated understanding of data, research and information
- Exemplary relationship-building skills with both internal and
- Recognition of and value for the contributions that marketing,
relationship-building, and data each bring to a successful
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Success in working with domestic and international student
- Clear communicator and effective decision-maker.
- Familiarity with current technologies and trends.
- Knowledge of strategic enrollment management theory and
practice with demonstrated success in using analytics to increase
enrollment while enhancing diversity and maintaining quality.
- Intercultural sensitivity and a commitment to access,
diversity, social justice.
- Experience with fiduciary responsibility and skills in
budgeting and fiscal management.
- Able to collaborate directly with faculty, administration, and
students on strategic enrollment management goals and
- Comfortable presenting to the Board of Trustees and
- Ability to work evenings and weekend hours.
- Knowledge of how the different areas which comprise enrollment
management interrelate and impact students from the point of
inquiry through to graduation.
- Strong leadership and administrative skills managing
operational aspects of enrollment management including, but not
limited to: strategic planning, staff budget and fiscal management,
web-based technology enhancement, and continuous improvement
assessment of the unit's operations in all areas.
- Skill as a visionary and innovative leader, including the
ability to review and evaluate the results of that innovation.
- Creative marketing skills including management of social
- The individual must be able to lift a minimum of 10 pounds,
walk for long distances, and stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to drive for long periods, wear a headset, and be
able to work at a keyboard for extended periods.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Seven-to-ten (7-10) years of recent, successful post-masters
experience in a higher education supervisory leadership role in or
closely related to enrollment management functions.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and understanding diverse
student populations; ability to work with individuals from diverse
- Experience with enrollment technology required; experience with
Technolutions Slate preferred.
- Working knowledge of integrated computerized system including
student application, admissions, enrollment, registration, records
and reporting systems.
- Experience with data reporting and analysis for enrollment
- Enrollment Management Leadership Team, as designated at time of
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally
ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated
to transforming students' lives through small classes with
world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to
support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional
liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with
particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and
Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health
and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World
Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational
university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main
campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson
Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more
than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and
doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the
liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful
partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000
graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from
43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top
publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that
plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2607