HVAC II - Mechanic
: Staff - Full-Time
The facilities department at UVU is seeking an HVAC mechanic to
join their team. This role will respond, diagnose, and repair
problems related to the operation of the Central Plants and related
equipment. Keeps all HVAC equipment operational and maintained.
Using the Campus Building Management Software, checks the equipment
operation and identifies problems and makes repairs. Maintains
equipment in a clean and functional condition. UVU offers an
excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy,
12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options,
life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate
resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer
contribution to a retirement plan.
High school diploma or equivalency and two years of experience OR a
combination of education and experience equal to two years.
Technical or vocational degree in appropriate mechanical trade area
may be substituted for experience.
Gas and Universal Refrigeration Certification required within three
months of hire date.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of VAV control
* Knowledge of air quality control systems and how to calibrate
* Knowledge of the operation and function of web-based HVAC
management system in a large, multiple building setting.
* Knowledge of the required maintenance needed for the mechanical
equipment for large buildings (VAV contols, fan coils, double
ducts, roof-top units, evaporative cooling).
* Knowledge of maintenance repairs and inventory of various tools
* Knowledge of the safe operation of HVAC systems.
* Knowledge of computerized energy management systems used to
maintain temperature controls.
* Knowledge of the operation of pneumatic, electrical and
* Knowledge of HVAC systems with direct digital control systems
that are linked to a multiple building computer-based energy
management control system.
* Knowledge of electrical and electronic controls, electrical
circuits, installation, troubleshooting and the repair and
maintenance of HVAC systems.
* Knowledge of recent developments in the HVAC field.
* Skill in the evaluation and repair of HVAC systems that
incorporate digital control systems.
* Skill in trouble-shooting and resolving problems with HVAC
* Skill in the repair and diagnosis of air and water moving
* Skill using various tools in the maintenance and repair of HVAC
* Ability to follow written and verbal procedures and
* Ability to work safely in an environment with electrical
* Ability to perform construction and remodeling of HVAC/R
* Ability to read and interpret HVAC technical manuals, schematics
and building plans.
* Ability to operate boilers and maintain all other types of
* Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to the
* Ability to develop heating, ventilating and air conditioning
system modification plans.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an Associate’s
Degree in HVAC plus two years of experience related to the summary
Extensive physical effort. Requires stair and ladder climbing;
heavy lifting, handling, pushing or moving objects up to 50 lbs (or
greater with the use of mechanical assistance).
Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as
extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, bio hazardous materials,
dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous
leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental
insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver
(undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and
substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$36,359 - $45,449
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/24611
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s
qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability,
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related
conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.