Colgate Athletics Mission:
To be an inclusive community of competitive excellence
Athletics Department Values:
Thoughtful – Careful, reasoned, inclusive thinking
Driven – Relentless, energetic, focused pursuit of courageous
Enthusiastic – Passionate, positive, fun presence
Cohesive – Close—knit, collaborative, consistent teamwork
Bold – Creative, resourceful, fearless winners
This Director of Equipment Services / Equipment Brand Manager is
primarily responsible for the overall management and vision of
equipment services in support University intercollegiate sports and
Accountable for running an efficient and effective equipment
services operation that can grow and adapt with developing trends
and changes in the equipment space.
- Responsible for effective management, hiring, development, and
evaluating equipment operations staff.
- Responsible for management and oversight of entire equipment
services budget, as well as management of specific team equipment
- Responsible for setting and implementing all equipment and
apparel purchasing policies and procedures.
- Responsible for oversight of all equipment machine service
repairs and the ordering of appropriate chemicals and detergent
- Responsible for role modeling positive behaviors and leadership
for student-athletes and employees.
Accountable for identity management in the equipment space, working
to advance the Colgate Athletics identity through uniforms,
apparel, and other equipment partners.
- Responsible for guidance and strategic vision for apparel
negotiation, department-wide apparel, and individual team equipment
- Responsible for effective negotiation of all contracts and
agreements relevant vendors, to ensure timely payments to all
- Responsible for all final decisions regarding specific team
uniform, equipment, and apparel
- Ensures all equipment and apparel is utilizing the proper
logos, colors, and trademarks within University, ECAC, NCAA and
Patriot league rules and regulations. Ensure all licensing rules
are adhered to.
Accountable for maintaining personal compliance with all relevant
governing bodies to include:
- specific conference
- athletic department
- university policies
Professional Experience/ Qualifications
3-5 years work experience within an athletic equipment program,
preferably at the collegiate level, showing increased
- Experience working with an all-sport apparel contract.
- Experience ordering, fitting, and modifying equipment as well
as planning for away and home competitions.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency to utilize various programs
and software for word processing, spreadsheets and website
applications on a Macintosh and/or a PC.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; attention to
A Bachelor’s degree required.
A Master’s degree is preferred.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin,
marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information,
being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking,
familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from
historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with
disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.