This position is part of the CU Conference Services (CUCS) team,
working under the supervision of the Conference & Event Space
Coordinator, as well as working with all other CUCS professional
staff/student staff, Residence Life, conference groups, clients and
students. The Conference and Event Space Assistant is responsible
for completing tasks that assist the day-to-day operations in
implementing conferences and events. This position will also
supervise & schedule the student Conference Operations Team. At
times, this position will be required to operate a vehicle to
perform the job duties. This front-line position is at times, the
first point of contact for clients, customers, students, and
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
HDS strives to provide CU students, faculty, staff and families
with an exceptional living experience through our residential
support services, award-winning dining and innovative
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Supervision & Scheduling of the student Conference
Coordinate & Manage Events:
- Manage and serve as the point person for the Conference
Operations Team of 10.
- Hire, train, evaluate and provide supervision for Student
Assist with on-site conference & event
- Manage event requests through EMS and Kx for Kitt Central,
- Communicate with clients via email, phone, and in-person
meetings to coordinate the setup of event spaces.
- Delegate room setup and staffing tasks to the Conference
Manage conference room facilities:
- Troubleshoot issues on-site for clients and guests as needed.
Support student staff in person and by phone when they are unable
to resolve an issue.
- Serve on-call during evenings and weekends.
Prepare for approval final billing/invoices for
What We Can Offer
- Monitor Crestron control systems and manage AV inventory of
microphones, portable mic kits, listening devices &
- Ensure all aspects of the facility are functioning
- The hiring salary is $35,000-$40,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be collaborative. Be visionary. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- 2 years of related experience.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet daily and weekly needs
while coordinating events weeks and months into the future.
- Proficient at problem solving/troubleshooting.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and when things do not go
- Basic to intermediate Audio Visual knowledge (preferred
experience with Crestron Control Systems).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Skills in planning, organizing, problem-solving, managing
multiple tasks, and attention to detail.
- Ability to lead a team, build team relationships, and follow up
to ensure tasks have been completed.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and as
part of a team, handling multiple deadlines and projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing &
Communications, Hospitality, or Project Management.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by September 29, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: