Adapt to new and changing situations and demonstrate a positive
attitude. Demonstrate respect for students; understand learning
styles and apply understanding to institution-related activities;
demonstrate integrity and promote diversity and open
communications. Fifteen credit hours a semester constitute a
standard load. Course assignments may be late afternoon, evening,
Saturday, and at branch campuses or satellite centers. Position is
subject to all terms and provisions of the Joliet Junior College
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach at least three courses in Human Anatomy & Physiology,
Human Biology and other biology as needed.
2. Work closely with other instructors and special programs and
services within the college to determine placements, curriculum,
and academic support.
3. Participate in course development, assessment, accreditation,
and planning activities.
4. Be willing to teach online and/or blended courses.
5. Participate in appropriate departmental meetings and recruitment
activities; serve on committees.
6. Assist students with academic advising.
7. Demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching and learning.
8. Demonstrate strong understanding and commitment to the community
9. Teach at other campus sites as needed.
10. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet
Junior College faculty contract.
Master’s Degree in Anatomy and Physiology, Biology with emphasis on
Anatomy and Physiology, or closely related field is required. Two
(2) years of teaching experience at the collegiate level.
1. Doctoral Degree in Anatomy and Physiology, Biology with emphasis
on Anatomy and Physiology, or closely related field is
2. Experience at the community college level.
3. Expertise in appropriate technologies for instruction.
4. Experience in teaching online and/or using course management
programs. 5. Experience in course development and assessment,
planning, quality and accreditation processes, and committee
6. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from
7. Experience in human cadaver dissection.
Normal classroom and laboratory physical demands.
Classroom and laboratory teaching environment.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
40 For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.