Job Summary/Basic Function
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville
actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in fields
and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral
part of the University’s learning community and courses online
and/or on campus.
The College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications for an
academically qualified adjunct faculty member to teach different
Mathematics courses including:
• MATH-101 Everyday Data
• MATH 151 - Calculus I
• MATH 152 - Calculus II
• MATH 251 - Calculus III
• MATH 300 - Algebraic Structures and Proofs
• MATH 312 - Number Theory with Applications
• MATH 316 - Applied Linear Algebra
• MATH 320 - Applied Differential Equations
• MATH 370 - Probability I
• MATH 371 - Probability II
• MATH 372 - Mathematical Statistics
• MATH 430 - Fundamental Analysis
• MATH 460 - Optimization
• MATH 470 - Introduction to Abstract Algebra
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the
University’s mission, academic policies and procedures,
• expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes,
teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively
deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world
applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class
assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough
manner (within 24-36 hrs.).
• Establish digital office hours to provide additional assistance
with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Master's degree in Mathematics Science or related field from a
regionally accredited institution.
• Student-centered approach and passion for teaching and mentoring
a diverse student population.
• PhD in Mathematics or related field from a regionally accredited
• Experience in teaching.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of
a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment
authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity
and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability,
gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin,
race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or
any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of
the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring,
training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and
Advertised: September 15, 2021