Job Summary/Basic Function
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville
actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in their
fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an
integral part of the University’s learning community and would
teach online courses.
The College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications for an
academically/professionally qualified adjunct faculty member to
develop and teach online undergraduate courses in our Human
Development and Family Studies Family Life Education track
HDFS 230 Family Resource Management
HDFS 330 Parent-Child Interactions
HDFS 430 Family Life Education Practice
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Develop and/or teach assigned course as specified in the schedule
and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the
University’s mission, academic policies and procedures,
expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes,
teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively
deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world
applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class
assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough
manner (with 24-36 hrs.).
• Establish digital office hours to provide additional assistance
with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Family Science or related field from a
regionally accredited institution.
• Active National Council of Family Relations member
• Doctorate with at least 15 graduate hours in Family Science or
related field from a regionally accredited institution.
• Online teaching experience
• CFLE Certification
• Relevant experience in the field
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of
a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment
authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity
and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability,
gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin,
race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or
any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of
the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring,
training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and
Advertised: September 15, 2021