The Nursing Department, within the College of Health Sciences at
Dixie State University, is seeking applications for a tenure-track
Assistant Professor of Nursing. The department, located in the
state-of-the-art Taylor Health Sciences building (adjacent to Dixie
Regional Medical Center), offers both associate and baccalaureate
degrees in Nursing. Information about the department and its
associated programs and faculty can be found online at https://health.dixie.edu/nursing/
- Teach upper and/or lower division courses of lecture,
laboratory, and/or clinical nursing courses as assigned.
- Work with the department chair, dean, and other faculty to
advance the University’s mission, including:
- Conducting student assessment,
- Mentoring part-time instructors, and
- Performing service for the College of Health Sciences and the
- Develop nursing curriculum / courses, with measurable learning
- Assist in the development and continued assessment of the
- Assist in ongoing efforts of all aspects of accreditation,
including self-report, on-site visits, follow-up, and ongoing
- Assist with student recruitment, advisement, placement, and
- Improve professionally and maintain currency in the field.
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships with community
and state organizations.
- Fulfill faculty responsibilities, including participating in
department events and committee meetings, holding regular office
hours, and advising students. May have direct assignments in the
AASN, P-BSN and/or RN-BSN programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Terminal degree (e.g. PhD, DNP, DNSc, or EdD) in Nursing or
Education required; other research-focused nursing doctorates will
also be accepted, as well as applicants currently enrolled in a
doctoral program that will have graduation pending by August
- Must hold current Registered Nurse license for the state of
Utah or eligibility to gain Utah licensure or by Interstate
- A minimum of three (3) years recent work experience in an acute
care setting required.
- Ability to develop and evaluate innovative curricula.
- Knowledge of subject matter, appropriate course content, and
current trends and methodologies in education and nursing; evidence
of effective teaching in an institution of higher education
(finalists will be required to demonstrated competency via a
virtual or in-person teaching demonstration).
- Knowledge of computer-based technology as used in clinical and
educational environments, including online teaching, mobile
devices, and high-fidelity simulation.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Ability to represent the Nursing Programs and Dixie State
University well to community partners, students, faculty, staff,
and the general public.
(9-month) tenure-track faculty position. Faculty service begins
August 2022, with pay & benefits starting July 1, 2022. Annual
salary of $62,000 - $65,000 depending upon qualifications &
experience; additional compensation available for summer/overload
teaching. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start
date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and
wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate
tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents, etc. See
under 'Benefits Summary' for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Application review begins
October 18, 2021
;position open until filled
Candidates must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, contact
information for three professional references (including email
addresses), transcripts, and a Student Success Statement
(approximately one page, single-spaced, about their teaching or
other experience, successes, and challenges in working with a
diverse student population). Please upload all of the requested
documents when you submit your application. Employment is
contingent upon successful completion and certification of required
degrees and upon successfully passing a background check. If,
because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in
order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources
Office (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
Dixie State University (DSU) is an
open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed
to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an
instructional approach of 'active learning. active life' and a
culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and
staff committed to creating an active, applied and career-oriented
learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911
as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is
located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert
climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy
access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The
nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with
amenities such as an international airport and professional
sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of
higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230
programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates,
endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and
retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas,
possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and
vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive,
comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity
/ Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU
are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs
and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State
University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination,
including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran,
or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or
any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing
regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel
Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org ,
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for
Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org ,
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required
to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and
to complete the required employment eligibility verification form