Dean, College of Health, Science & Technology
210010-Dean College of Health, Science, & Technology
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To Apply: Candidates must complete an on-line faculty profile found
at https://jobs.ucmo.edu and apply to position #999976.
Candidates should submit the following documentation:
1. A cover letter
2. A curriculum vitae
3. Names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three professional
references. This is completed within the faculty profile.
Letters of recommendation and official undergraduate and graduate
transcripts showing degree completions will be required later in
the search process.
Review of applications begins October 15, 2021 and continues until
the position is filled.
Position anticipated start date is July 1, 2022.
The University of Central Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and specifically invites applications from women, minorities,
veteran status and people with disabilities.
Open Until Filled
The University of Central Missouri ( UCM ) is seeking applications
for the Dean of the College of Health, Science and Technology. The
Dean must work effectively with university administration,
colleagues, faculty and staff.
1. The Dean is responsible for the leadership and management of the
academic programs, the human resources, the financial/inventory,
and facilitating student success.
2. This is accomplished in conjunction with the department
chairpersons within the college.
3. The college functions under the academic affairs umbrella in
terms of policies and procedures of the University.
The Dean of the College of Health, Science and Technology has
primary responsibility for:
• Working collaboratively with faculty and staff in creating a
vision for the College.
• Leading with integrity using an open, transparent approach;
• Serving as manager of the college’s budget and resources;
• Ensuring continuation of education-specific accreditation;
• Engaging university leadership and assisting with university
• Fostering positive relationships with external constituents,
alumni, faculty/staff, and students;
• Promoting excellence in teaching, research and service.
The Dean reports to the Provost of the university. The Dean also
serves as a member of Provost Council, Council of Deans and
Education & Formal Training
Doctorate degree (Specify field(s) of study below)
Other Education & Formal Training
Hold an earned doctorate in field appropriate or related to the
The successful candidate will:
- Provide evidence to merit appointment as a full professor with
- Have a record of successful and progressive leadership in
higher education with experience at the level of
Chair/Director/Associate Dean or higher;
- Have successful experience with assessment and program
- Possess a thorough understanding of national and international
issues in higher education;
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal
- Have a track record of fostering diversity, equity, and
- Have a record of program development and fostering enrollment
- Practice shared governance;
- Develop extramural funding sources;
Experience as a College Dean preferred.
Special Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
Attention to detail, Budget-related skills, Communication
skills, including oral, written, and/or nonverbal, Knowledge of a
University environment preferred, Human Relations/Interpersonal
skills, Leadership skills: organization/meeting
facilitation/project leadership, Supervisory skills, including
motivation, delegation of duties, evaluation, etc, Management
and/or administration skills, Ability to manage multiple concurrent
projects and meet deadlines, Maintain confidentiality
Other Special Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
Physical & Environmental Factors:
Special Working Conditions:
Travel required, Irregular work hours, Professional
Ability to Keyboard
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter