Posted: July 27, 2021
Level: SUOAF Admin V
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Job Posting: BOR 21-24
Closing Date: Applications must be submitted by 5:00pm (EST) on
Friday, September 3rd, 2021
Systems Office in Hartford, CT
Currently, this position is both on-ground and online as we
continue to face the challenges of COVID. In the future, without
COVID concerns, the schedule will be on ground.
Anticipated Start Date:
The position of CSCU Research Analyst is located in Hartford,
Connecticut and reports to the Director of the Office of Research
and System Effectiveness. The CSCU Research Analyst will be
responsible for and contribute to analysis and formal research
projects for both inter- and intra-agency initiatives to improve
program effectiveness and answer operational and policy
May lead lower level employees as assigned.
The CSCU Research Analyst is required to have demonstrated
knowledge and abilities in the following areas:
- A Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in Statistics, Computer
Science, Educational Research, Social Sciences, Economics,
Mathematics or a closely related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience
in querying and retrieving information from large databases,
working with relational databases and data analysis and
presentation of results in tabular, narrative and graphical
- Formal training and experience with research design, statistics,
analysis and interpretation of data in context. Knowledge of
principles of parametric and non-parametric statistical analysis
- Proficient in leveraging resources available in enterprise
databases. Demonstrates proficiency in data extraction, database
querying and report generation. Fluent in Structured Query Language
- Demonstrated competence with statistical analysis software (SAS,
SPSS or equivalent) and standard analytic tools such as Access,
Excel, Argos as well as the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills for
communicating with stakeholders (e.g. administrators, faculty,
staff, students, public school systems, colleges and universities,
state and local government)
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task as needed, consistently meet
deadlines and manage time well.
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail and
accuracy of work
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are
encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and
experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this
position and by providing appropriate references. Exceptions to the
degree requirements may be made for compelling reasons.
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Computer Science, Educational Research,
Social Sciences, Economics, Mathematics or a closely related
- Knowledge of Banner Student Information Systems
- Knowledge of Oracle dialect of SQL
- Competence with data visualization products (Tableau, Power
Example of Job Duties:
The CSCU Research Analyst will procure, prepare, examine, analyze,
interpret and present data and information to meaningfully utilize
data to enhance CSCU system effectiveness. The Research Analyst
designs, develops and completes comprehensive research and analytic
projects; prepares, analyzes and interprets data in a variety of
ways including the production of narrative and statistical reports.
Specific responsibilities include supporting inter-agency data
requests, analysis and research projects.
The following examples of duties illustrate the general range of
tasks assigned to the position but are not intended to define the
limits of required duties. Other essential duties may be assigned
consistent with the general scope of the position.
· Utilize knowledge of social science research and sources of
available data to propose and implement appropriate research
· Design and conduct research studies to evaluate the current
status of specific program areas and/or special programs, track
trends over time and provide data and information for planning
· Utilize appropriate statistical procedures and techniques.
· Prepare research results, create comprehensive reports including
observations and implications and present results to
· Conduct research and analysis leveraging longitudinal data from
multiple sources while maintaining data security and student
· Collaborate with stakeholders, including other researchers,
internal and external to the system on inter-agency data requests
· Conduct literature reviews and statistical analysis and develop
models to illuminate patterns of student success in areas such as
college and career readiness.
· Assist ORSE in maintaining and analyzing the data and systems
necessary to make sound administrative and academic decisions
related to CSCU.
· Access data from Banner Enterprise System, Oracle data
repositories and other data systems.
· Review, audit, and verify accuracy of institutional data
· Collaborate with other staff members to cross-train as necessary
and support a cooperative work environment.
· Operate as team member both at the system and institution
$78,742-$100,608 (midpoint) approximate annual plus excellent State
of CT medical insurance, retirement, and related fringe
To apply you must submit a cover letter and resume.
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the closing date
will not be considered and links to other sources to view resumes
are not acceptable.
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship
or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and
Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background
check. CSCU is committed to providing a safe campus community.
Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal
history record check and, when appropriate, a financial (credit)
report or driving history check.
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
CSCU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious
creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin,
marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental
disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record.
The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the non-discrimination policies: Nicholas D'Agostino
Director of Equal Employment Opportunity
CSCU IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F