Capital University is seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior
Director of Alumni Engagement to design and execute strategies to
engage alumni through creative, market-informed events, giving
programs, and volunteer opportunities. Responsibilities include the
creation and implementation of alumni programming and
communication, in collaboration with other divisions, to promote
the university, and its mission, and funding priorities. This
position also is responsible for donor acquisition and retention
through the Annual Fund and other donor focused activities, and
managed staff focused on Alumni Relations and Annual Giving. The
communication and programming of the office will serve to engage
and involve alumni in their alma mater through Alumni Relations and
the Capital Fund.
Primary roles and responsibilities:
- Set strategic direction and manage Alumni Relations and the
Annual Giving program through alumni events, reunion, annual
giving, direct mail and phone-a-thon with the goal of maximizing
alumni engagement in multi-faceted ways.
- Work with Associate VP of Advancement and Integrated Marketing
and Communication to develop messaging for Alumni Relations and
- Conceptualize, test, and execute alumni volunteer programs
focused on Enrollment and Career Services, in consultation with
University leadership in those divisions.
- Conceptualize, organize, coordinate, and market engagement
events and functions included but not limited to Homecoming, Alumni
Weekend. Professor's Hall of Honor, Athletic Hall of Fame, Alumni
Awards and regional alumni events; staffs the 50th reunion
committee with a gift officer.
- Direct and coordinate work of Alumni Advisory Board.
- Confer with Associate Vice President and peer Directors, as
well as other VPs, Deans, and President to achieve the University's
alumni engagement and philanthropic goals.
- Evaluate and monitor effectiveness of programs/ services and
identifies problems, recommends improvements, and institutes
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
or five-years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- A motor vehicle license is required.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; prior
experience in Raiser's Edge preferred; ability to learn other
software and hardware systems as needed.
- Must be energetic, outgoing, and personable with strong
- Strong management skills, organized, and detail oriented.
- Must be able to motivate and encourage.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as well as to do some
Capital University is committed to increasing the diversity of
the Capital community and curriculum. This commitment includes
Capital's dedication to the development of faculty and staff who
are committed to inclusive practices in teaching, learning, working
and all other campus and community interactions. Candidates who can
contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please visit https://capital.applicantpro.com/jobs/.
For more information on Capital University, visit our
website at www.capital.edu.
Capital University offers a rich benefits package that includes
medical, dental, vision, retirement, family education benefits,
short-term and long-term disability, life and critical illness
insurance and free parking.
Capital University is an equal opportunity employer, and
supports a diverse and inclusive campus community. Capital
University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, sex,
gender, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics
protected by the law.