Application Deadline: October 8, 2021
Salary & Benefits: Salary is $30,380.36. Compensation
package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health
and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for
Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time, Career Service, Paygrade C2,
Location: Northwest Campus 3000 NW 83rd Street, Building T,
Gainesville, FL 32606
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of
the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe
College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open
access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity.
Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a
range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in
Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as
Certificate and Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life,
temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse
cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF
and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls
over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60%
of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the
The SFPD is seeking a Police Dispatcher to facilitate essential
communications in person, via phone, and over the radio with both
on- and off-campus law enforcement as well as the public. In
addition to radio dispatching, the Police Dispatcher is responsible
for department record keeping and providing assistance at a high
profile front desk that requires shift work with periodic
rotations, including nights and weekends.
Responsibilities and duties include:
· Answer emergency and non-emergency calls made to the SFPD
· Gather and relay appropriate information and dispatch officers
· Monitor SFPD radio traffic for issues or requests for
· Access information from the Florida Crime Information Center
(FCIC) and the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), as well as
the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) databases as
· Provide assistance by staffing the SFPD front desk and
performing a variety of reception and support functions.
· Monitor burglar and fire alarms as well as campus security
cameras, initiating the appropriate police and/or fire response as
· Maintain the database for parking tickets and moving
· Assist with maintaining college key inventory including
issuance and return of keys.
· Manage lost and found items, including logging and tracking
all items reported or submitted to the police department as well as
working with the College property manager to turn over unclaimed
property for future surplus sales.
· Prepare reports, complete data entry, and perform other
administrative support duties as needed.
· Provide service excellence through courteous, informed,
accessible and professional engagement.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Office Supervisor, SFPD
Required: High school diploma or equivalent. 911 Public Safety
Telecommunicator Certification or successfully complete this course
and pass the State exam within six months of employment
Additional Requirements: Must become FCIC and NCIC certified.
Criminal background check, as well as other background and
reference checks will be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Communication – able to effectively communicate in a
professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using
preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
· Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated
team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative
relationships with all levels within and external to the
· Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural
· Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule,
and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or
ahead of established time frames.
· Relationship Management – able to personally provide high
level of interactive service to others, building relationships and
addressing identified needs.
· Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive,
able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid
· Analytical Aptitude & Problem Solving - able to analyze
information, problems, situations, practices and/or procedures,
collect and interpret data, reason logically, establish facts,
identify and define existing and potential issues, recognize the
interrelationships among elements, draw valid conclusions, develop
recommendations, as well as alternative courses of action, select
appropriate course, follow up and evaluate.
· Ability to remain calm, exercise good judgement, respond
swiftly, effectively, and appropriately to emergency and high
· Ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage,
prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly
assess a situation, determine a logical course of action, and apply
the appropriate response.
· Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of
Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
· Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism,
civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related
Application Process: All applicants must complete the SF
Employment Application, submit a letter of intent that addresses
your interest in working as a police dispatcher at Santa Fe College
and lists your skills, strengths and experience that you can bring
to this position, as well as an up-to-date resume and any college
transcripts or certifications through the job portal to be
considered for this position. College transcripts are required for
any college coursework. If you do not have college coursework,
proof of high school completion or equivalent must be uploaded as
unofficial transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted
for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any
offer of employment being made.