Application Deadline: Friday, September 24, 2021 Salary &
Benefits: Salary is $34,230.58.as per the Santa Fe College Salary
Schedule. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid
benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave
time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University
Classification: Full-time, Career Service, Pay Grade C4,
Location: Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Gainesville,
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of
the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe
College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of
Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and
Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate
and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered
institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence,
and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life,
temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse
cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF
and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
The Admissions Processing Assistant facilitates and administers
the day-to-day operations in the processing area of the Office of
Admissions and works as part of team providing department support
in facilitating the admissions process of students. This position
coordinates the work of others and has accountability in areas of
Responsibilities and duties include:
· Oversee the processing area within the Office of Admissions to
ensure rules and guidelines are followed as required by the
Coordinator for Admissions Advising & Processing, SF Rules and
Procedures, and state and federal laws.
· Remain current on and apply state and federal laws as they
apply to college admissions processes.
· Review, evaluate, and process college admissions documentation
(including high school transcripts, home school affidavit, or high
school equivalency documentation, residency declaration and
supporting documents, test scores, and waivers and exemptions)
ensuring the highest degree of accuracy, and maintaining strict
guidelines to ensure compliance with state and federal laws.
· Assist students with application, enrollment, testing and
registration processes or other specific student support services
which may include specific aid and eligibility guidance.
· Assist, train, and work with High School Dual Enrollment staff
to facilitate exiting high school dual enrollment students into the
· Process requests for transient student status following state
and federal laws, and serve as main contact for transient students
via in-person, email and fax communication as they navigate the
· Work with the UF@SF Center staff to facilitate a smooth
admission for incoming students in the UF@SF programs. This may
include manual processing of required documentation.
· Represent the Office of Admissions on college committees.
· Communicate, collaborate, and maintain relationships with
internal and external community constituents.
· Strictly honor the privacy, security and confidentiality of
student records and other sensitive information according to
appropriate state, federal and college regulations, policies and
· Supervise and train other support staff including student
employees and volunteers.
· Train and assist college staff members at all SF locations
regarding admissions processing protocols and the relevant state
and federal laws that pertain to all aspects of the Admissions
process, including high school transcripts, residency, test scores,
transient requests, high school dual enrollment exit, waivers and
· Provide service excellence through courteous, informed,
accessible, and professional engagement.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Coordinator, Admissions Advising and Processing
Required: Associate’s degree and four years of closely related
work experience or a combination of completed education and/or work
experience equal to six years.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be
Preferred: Knowledge of college Admissions procedures. Fluency
in one or more foreign languages.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural
· Proven accuracy and attention to detail.
· Communication – able to effectively communicate in a
professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using
preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
· Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team
player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative
relationships with all levels within and external to the
· Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule,
organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve
goals within or ahead of established time frames.
· Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive,
able to adapt to change positively and proactively in rapid growth
· Relationship Management – able to personally provide high
level of interactive service to others, building relationships and
addressing identified needs.
· Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of
Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
· Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism,
civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related
Application Process: All applicants must submit an online SF
Employment Application, submit a letter of intent, an up-to-date
resume, and unofficial college transcripts through the job portal
to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts are only
accepted for review purposes. College transcripts should be
submitted to confirm academic qualifications. Official transcripts
for purposes of employment are defined as those sent directly from
the awarding institution to an agent of Santa Fe.