Instructional Designer III
The Lastinger Center for Learning is an education innovation hub
within UF’s College of Education focused on creating equitable
education systems that improve teaching and learning across early
childhood and K-12 education. Specifically, the Center targets
kindergarten readiness, 3rd grade reading proficiency, and algebra
proficiency as critical milestones in children’s educational
trajectory that are predictive of success in school and life. The
Center works at the nexus of research, practice, and policy to
develop sustainable systems that leverage educational technologies
and improve the implementation of research-based practices. Housed
in one of the nation’s elite public research universities, the
Center operates as a dynamic, entrepreneurial workplace focused on
executing against UF’s service mission to strengthen the human
condition and improve the quality of life.
This position is the leader of the Content Development team,
working under the Chief Experience Officer.
Responsibilities: Working in collaboration with all teams across
the Lastinger Center for Learning, the content design manager will
be responsible for:
• Supervise research, writing, reviewing and editing of all
original content and resources using established best practices and
the latest research and information to meet the needs of our
clients, users, and stakeholders.
• Supervise the efficient and high-quality production of all assets
including design, development, and successful implementation of all
• Supervise the external design and creation of multi-media
products and ensure that products are completed on time and with
the highest quality.
• Manage all projects that include content creation and
• Work closely with the product managers, client managers, and
technology manager to ensure the high quality, full build-out of
• Ensure that all products are delivered on time and to the
satisfaction of our funders and users.
• Provide consultation on a variety of projects and tasks for the
maintenance of online content platforms.
• Provide insight and expertise on the development of other
products that will be offered online for early learning providers,
school systems, directors, coalitions, nonprofit organizations,
families, and government agencies.
• Work with the Chief Experience Officer, Implementation Design
Coordinator, Implementation Success Manager and Experience Design
and Development Coordinator o ensure collaboration between the
content, production and implementation Teams.
• Attend and contribute to meetings, retreats, and focus groups
around the state.
• Communicate daily with the Lastinger Center Officers, Client
Managers, and other Lastinger Center team members, whenever
appropriate, to ensure all work is moving forward as
• Participate in designing, building, field-testing, and scaling
• Take on a variety of tasks to drive and assure usage of Lastinger
products, including marketing consultation.
Other Tasks as Assigned
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The mission of the Lastinger Center for Learning is to create
equitable educational systems where every child and educator,
regardless of circumstances, experiences high-quality learning
every day to support children’s achievement of critical milestones
that are predictive of success in school and life. In order to
achieve this mission, the Lastinger Center is committed to
attracting, hiring, and retaining a dynamic and diverse team.
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The
University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race,
creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin,
political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran
status in also aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring,
promotion, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary
administration, benefits and training.
$90,000 – $100,000
Master's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant
experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and six
years of relevant experience.
- Strong background in early learning, literacy, or mathematics –
teaching and directing experience preferred
- Strong writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Evidence of ability and willingness to work collaboratively and
with a commitment to collegiality
- Online learning leadership experience
- Demonstrates the following dispositions highly valued by the
Lastinger Center: committed, collaborative, culturally attuned,
conscious of practice, curious, change agent
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
Health Assessment Required: