Health Support Technician I
- Point of Service Operations - greets patients and confirms
appointments. Inspects and copies insurance cards and photo ID's.
Identifies and collects co-pays, deductibles and self-pay for
services. Explains and satisfies any necessary patient consent
forms and scans them into EPIC.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary
physical tests; taking blood pressure, pulse, height, weight, and
temperature; reporting patient history summary. Maintains patient
privacy and confidentiality at all times. Notifies providers of
pertinent patient information and follow-up.
- Receives and directs phone calls to the appropriate personnel.
Also makes contact with other departments, physicians, and outside
organizations as necessary for the departmental/practice
- Verifies patient demographic information by interviewing
patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of
- Assists physicians with referrals and authorizations for any
medical or lab tests ordered.
- Maintains and updates patient information in electronic medical
- Assists in organization of clinic exam rooms, including
cleaning and stocking supplies. Communicates inventory and
equipment needs to assigned staff.
- Performs cashiering functions as it relates to co-payments or
other patient payments/collections. May perform routine clerical
duties for the department.
- Provides administrative support to providers and management
staff and assists in organization of clinical service. Problem
solves issues with registration.
$16 to $18 per hour depending on education and experience.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of relevant
experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical
training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required
Graduate of an accredited college or vocational technical training
Medical Assistant program.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a time-limited position. Time limited positions are based
on circumstances, such as funding sources, which control the length
of time for which the position is available.
Background Check is Required.
To be considered you must upload your Cover Letter, Resume/CV, and
University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville: Visit this link
to watch the
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are
claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214
Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our
for more specific information.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still
under consideration and need not apply.
Health Assessment Required: