Enrollment Services Specialist*
Internal Position Title
Enrollment Services Specialist*
Adult Education Testing
The College of Lake County is currently searching for an Enrollment
Services Specialist to join the Adult Education Department. The
Enrollment Services Specialist, under the direct supervision of the
Operations and Compliance Manager, provides intake, admissions,
testing, registration, and other enrollment services to ABE, HSE
(formerly GED ), and ESL students and assists in the post-testing
of students. This position enters student application, other
student information, and test scores in the DAISI and PeopleSoft
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently
includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and
Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and
qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group
and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible
spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays
off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid
holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community
college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an
innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths
for our students by offering exceptional learning
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and
community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty,
staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake
County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers
in the State of Illinois for 2019.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficient in student information systems and other large
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Valid driver’s license.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with
persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities;
demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, faculty, and staff, including those
with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Experience working in standardized testing..
- Experience working in a community college.
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
*Continued employment in this position is contingent upon continued
Total Hours per week
Monday – Thursday: 1:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Fridays: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Position reports to Grayslake and Lakeshore Campus on designated
weekdays. Conducts enrollment and testing services at the Southlake
Campus and community sites based on monthly schedule.
Software Testing Required
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Department Operations: 74%
Customer Service: 25%
- Provides daily intake and testing services by responding to
student inquiries on the phone, in-person, or via email.
- Proctors the pre-testing or placement test following the rules,
policies, and procedures of the state ICCB and Basic Skills test
instrument (e.g., CASAS, CASAS Goals, TABE ).
- Scans the test forms for upload into the Basic Skill test
instrument database (e.g., TopsPro). Checks the database if all
test scores for the students were read by the scanner and
transferred to the test database.
- Provides assistance to the Operations and Compliance Manager as
needed on a daily basis.
- Enters application, enrollment, and test results data into the
DAISI and PeopleSoft database.
- Provides Enrollment Center services at the Southlake and
community sites as assigned by the Operations and Compliance
- Prepares and compiles test forms and booklets for post-testing
in the classroom and at the community sites.
- Organizes and maintains all testing materials and files.
- Organizes and maintains all records of requests for assistance
during the intake process. Reports requests in accordance with
departmental and grant mandated ADA guidelines.
- Participates in planning and review sessions with concerning
admissions, pre and post testing, and registration services.
- Assists student in filling out application form and other
enrollment and testing forms. Works with the business and
admissions offices to correct changes and/or holds.
- Works with the advisors in the proper course and NRS placement
- Assists student to register for classes during priority and
- Coordinates New Student Orientations and assigning advisors for
registration with department chairs, Student and Instructional
Support Services Coordinator and other Adult Education staff.
- Communicates and facilitates the understanding of college’s
testing and registration process for Adult Education classes.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
- Other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- * Are you proficient in student information systems and other
- * Do you have a valid driver's license?
- * Do you have experience working with standardized testing?
- * Do you have work experience in a community college setting?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2