The Northern State University Art Department is seeking
applications for an
Assistant Professor, tenure track assignment in graduate and
undergraduate studies in Art Education and Art/Design Media.
Teaching assignments may include a mix of online and face to face
classes. The primary assigned duties will include:
- Teach graduate level art class sections, for a newly developed
online MSEd degree program in Art Education.
- Ability to teach fine art or digital media studio classes. The
search committee will consider applicants from a broad array of
media or discipline backgrounds.
- Ability to teach courses at both the graduate and undergraduate
- Knowledge of current theory and issues in art education.
- Teaching skill sets to include online, traditional and
- Participate in department activities including recruitment,
student advising and mentoring, department planning, field trips
and student advocacy.
- Serve on University Committee(s) as assigned.
Preferred candidates will hold a terminal degree in art
education (PhD, EdD), with an MA (or MFA) in studio
discipline/practice. Knowledge of current theory and issues
in art education and contemporary art. Evidence of current
professional activities and higher education teaching experience
(beyond the T.A.) preferred.
Academic Achievement/Professional Development examples may
- Publications (editing, citations, etc.).
- Presentations at professional meetings.
- 20 examples of art and/or design works.
- 10 examples of student artworks.
- Other professional service or development activities.
Northern State University is a NASAD accredited institution
offering AS, BA and BFA degree programs in Digital Media and Studio
Fine Art, BSEd and MSEd degree programs in Art Education.
This position starts August 21, 2022. Review of
applications will continue until the position is filled.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, current
vitae/resume, transcripts, three letters of recommendation, 20
samples of professional work, 10 samples of student work.