Teaching Fellows Program Director and Manhattan Educational
College of Education and Health Studies
Oversees the Teaching Fellows Program in collaboration with the New
York City Department of Education; collaborates with program
recruitment and marketing initiatives in conjunction with the New
York City Department of Education personnel; supervises field
experience positions and mentors University Field Supervisors;
provides comprehensive program advisement and support to Teaching
Fellows; and, represents Adelphi for communications with New York
City. Liaises with the CEHS Assessment Office for CAEP
Senior Director of Student
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Oversees the function and operations of the New York City
Department of Education Teaching Fellows program at the university
- Communicates regularly with the New York City Department of
Education on Teaching Fellows related matters.
- Advises and provides extracurricular support to the Teaching
- Manages field experience supervision, visits school sites, and
supports University Mentors of the Teaching Fellows.
- Teach courses within the Teaching Fellows program.
- Supervises the staff for Transitional B (alternative
certification) data entry, reporting, and accuracy.
- Works with the Department Chair, Program Directors, and Faculty
to collaborate on curriculum-related matters.
- Assists with data collection for the Teaching Fellows program,
including transition checkpoints and program completion data for
- Leads the CEHS efforts to facilitate and recruit culturally and
historically underrepresented populations of the teaching
profession in the New York City area.
- Liaises with the New York Department of Education for timely
tuition payments and grant funding to Adelphi University.
- Serves as a liaison between UCOMM, University Admissions
(graduate), Office of the Registrar, Office of Academic
- Liaise with the CEHS Office of Student Success to facilitate
and follow proper procedures.
- Assists the Dean with outreach efforts in the New York
Metropolitan area to increase community engagement and enhance
- Provides necessary updates to the New York City Department of
Education Teaching Fellows upon request.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of teacher education programs.
- Understanding of the NYC schools and their needs.
- Ability to be organized and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills; Word, Excel and Email; database
management in SLATE, CLASS or equivalent.
- Knowledge of current NYSED regulations and alternative teacher
- Bachelor's degree in education or a related field is
- Master's degree in education or a related field is
- Two years of job-related experience required; for example in a
public school setting or in higher education.
- Knowledge of best practices in marketing and recruitment in
- Student workers.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally
ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated
to transforming students' lives through small classes with
world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to
support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional
liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with
particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and
Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health
and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News &
Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private
coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its
beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in
Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The
University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65
master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate
programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional
training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area,
more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing
enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising
rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a
dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and
in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2612