Assistant Athletic Director for Facilities & Game
The Assistant Athletic Director serves the basic function of
overseeing operations for all athletic facilities for both
athletics and non-athletics events. This position coordinates with
other University departments including University Facilities,
Housekeeping, Grounds, Recreation and Intramurals, Public Safety,
and Conference Services. Responsible for the design and
implementation of both the rental or gratis use of the athletic
facilities for game contests as well as championships and this
includes community outreach efforts.
Director of Athletics, Intramurals and
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Manages a staff of three graduate assistants plus student
- Responsible for operations for all Adelphi University athletic
events including, competition site reservation, set-up, breakdown,
security, maintenance of facilities and scoreboards, parking,
coordinating accommodations for officials, locker rooms for
- Serves as department liaison to other University offices
including Facilities, Housekeeping, Grounds, Public Safety and
- Coordinates, along with the assistant athletic director for
recreation and intramurals, with various University departments
(i.e. Admissions, Student Affairs, Provost's Office, President's
Office, Development, etc) for University-wide events such as
matriculation, Family Weekend, Admission Days, and other special
events that are presented.
- Responsible for an expense and revenue budget each fiscal year.
Revenue budget goals reached through the rental of athletic
facilities for outside sporting events, high school championships,
- Maintains relations with external groups such as the Long
Island High Schools and athletic directors, the Long Island Sports
Council, the Northeast 10 Conference, youth sports groups and
travel teams, etc.
- Serves as Tournament Director for various post-season
tournaments hosted by Adelphi University for its athletic teams.
This includes the responsibility of preparing for the tournament by
working with the conference office and/or NCAA for reserving
facilities, hotel reservations, banquets, transportation, security,
- Coordinates with University Finance Office on all contracts for
- Deposits all revenue through the University finance office per
- Further Adelphi University's progress to enhance community
awareness of our campus, increase interest in potential students to
attend and build an income center through the use of
- Design and implement an athletic facilities plan that includes
an outside user fee schedule, rental policies and procedures for
all athletic facilities.
- Complies with policies and procedures set forth by Adelphi
University, the Northeast 10 Conference, and the NCAA.
- Responsible for knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. If
found responsible for a violation of NCAA regulations, will be
subject to disciplinary or corrective action, including termination
if appropriate. Also may be responsible for any act or omission
that may give rise to a finding that the University has violated an
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of
- Position requires working weekends and holidays.
- Ability to be organized and pay attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency,
- Strong supervisory capabilities.
- Knowledge of Northeast-10 Conference and NCAA requirements for
all athletic championships.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Email.
- Ability to work nights and weekends is required.
- Knowledge of facility management and ADA regulations.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Student Workers.
- Part Time Assistant Coaches.
- Hourly Employees.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally
ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated
to transforming students' lives through small classes with
world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to
support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional
liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with
particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and
Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health
and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World
Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational
university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main
campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson
Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more
than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and
doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the
liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful
partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000
graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from
43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top
publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that
plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2608