Nurse - Per Diem, On-Call
Health Services Office
Duration of Position:
As needed; Must be available during weekday
day time hours, occasional evenings, & weekends. Academic Year
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly
selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar
is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the
values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment
of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College
is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and
applications from members of historically underrepresented groups
are especially encouraged. Vassar College is a
smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.Note: Vassar College has a
universal vaccination policy requiring a COVID-19 vaccination for
all employees except for those exempt for medical or religious
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Provide nursing care of adolescent/young adults in college setting
as well as occupational care of employees as needed. Involves
working with a team of health professionals and EMT students to
deliver care to the Vassar College community. Position includes
nursing assessment and treatment of routine and urgent health care
problems including resting patient care, and patient
- Administer care according to established nursing protocols and
standards of care.
- Treat scheduled patients and walk-ins.
- Maintain necessary equipment, inventory and supplies.
- Follow all regulations regarding OSHA and hazardous waste.
- Collect and process laboratory specimens from patients.
- Perform other duties as required.
This per diem position is not benefits eligible.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Two or four year nursing degree.
- Current RN license and CPR certification are required.
- At least two years of nursing experience is required.
- Phlebotomy and immunization skills desired.
- Physical assessment skills are desired.
To complete your online application, you will be required to attach
your resume, a cover letter, and contact information for 3
professional references. You will have the option of attaching
unofficial college transcript(s), a copy of your nursing license,
and CPR certification at this time. The selected candidate will be
required to provide these documents at the time of hire. This
position will remain open until filled. Inquiries may be directed
to the Office of Human Resources at (845) 437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/2191.