The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, invites
applications for the Director of Cadet Admissions. Located in
historic Charleston, South Carolina, The Citadel has been ranked
for ten consecutive years by U.S. News and World Report as the top
public college in the South among master's-granting institutions.
The Citadel invites applications from a dynamic visionary to serve
as the Director of Cadet Admissions. The institution is seeking a
highly-skilled, experienced, innovative leader who will serve as
the college’s strategist on all matters related to cadet
recruitment and admissions. This position is responsible for
comprehensive recruitment planning, incorporating best practices in
recruitment, admissions, communications management, data analysis,
and yield strategies. This is an exciting opportunity for an
experienced admissions leader with an entrepreneurial spirit,
proven management record of implementing best practices, and an eye
Reporting to the Associate Provost for Enrollment Management, the
Director of Cadet Admissions is responsible for the implementation
of recruitment and admissions strategies necessary to attain annual
first year cadet enrollment. The incumbent will provide leadership
in utilizing innovative recruitment strategies, leveraging new and
existing technologies designed for maximum effectiveness,
collaborating with the financial aid office to support prospective
students, and cultivating strong partnerships/alliances with
academic schools, departments, high schools, and community outreach
programs, and oversee all components of the cadet admissions’
including policies, procedures, and operations.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the overall cadet student
recruitment and enrollment plans to expand domestic and
international reach in order to build the incoming class.
- Participate on the Enrollment Management Leadership Team and
contribute to the evaluation, development, and implementation of
marketing, recruitment, and enrollment, strategies for cadet
- Ensure evaluation of student records and interpretation of
sensitive data is performed consistent with relevant laws and best
practices. Disseminate decisions and manage inquiries and appeals
of admissions decisions with various constituencies.
- Recruit, supervise and evaluate staff as it relates to
implementation of recruitment and enrollment plans: inquiry
generation and management, application processing, recruitment
event participation, and recruitment/yield events.
- Align team organizational structure to ensure active
involvement in developing the enrollment goals and recruitment
strategies for assigned territories. Assigns and monitors
performance targets of staff to support college enrollment
- Collect, maintain and analyze data related to prospective
student inquiry generation, recruitment, admission trends.
- In partnership with the Office of Communications and Marketing,
expand the department's digital recruiting methods via social media
and web-based outreach. Effectively use CRM and data systems to
support recruitment and enrollment effort.
- Plan, organize and oversee the annual cycle of outreach travel
activities, college fair, and event coverage for both recruiting
and yield events.
- Oversee and manage the assigned budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants will receive full consideration if submitted by
Oct. 30, 2021. Start date is negotiable.
- Master's Degree required.
- Progressively responsible experience specifically in a college
admissions and recruitment.
- Proven experience in the management of inquiry generation,
recruitment activities, admissions operations, and other related
undergraduate enrollment activities.
- Proven experience recruiting diverse classes.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
skills including the ability to effectively communicate with a wide
range of constituents including students, parents, faculty, staff,
alumni, and senior leadership.
- Experience working effectively in a fast-paced environment with
quickly changing priorities.
- Ability to articulate the unique mission of The Citadel to
- Military experience, military school experience, or ROTC
experience a plus, but not required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
Occasional evenings and weekend availability throughout the year is
required to staff department activities. Applications from women
and minorities are especially encouraged. The Citadel is an
affirmative action/equal opportunity employer actively committed to
ensuring diversity in all campus employment.
Sep 16 2021 Eastern Daylight Time