The Health Services Psychology Department at KCU is accepting
applications for a Course Director/Adjunct Faculty of Psychology to
teach Behavioral and Functional Changes in Older Adults. The
successful candidate will teach doctoral level courses, mentor
students, and serve within our PsyD program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and teach graduate level courses appropriate to
expertise, training, and background. The class to be taught is
Behavioral and Functional Changes in Older Adults.
- Advising and supervising students.
- Providing service to the department and university.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Program Director.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and
- Actively participate in team and University meetings
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Doctoral degree in Clinical or Counseling(PsyD or PhD) from an
APA accredited program.
- Knowledge and expertise in Geropsychology
- Knowledge, sensitivity, and passion for diversity,
multiculturalism, social justice, and community service.
- Demonstrated success with teaching and classroom management
- Experience mentoring students.
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to employ critical thinking and analysis to solve
- Ability to interact successfully with academic, clinical,
business, and regulatory personnel.
- Ability to successfully work within and support a diverse
environment of students and colleagues.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member to ensure that
departmental goals are met by providing support to staff, and
always keeping students’ and graduates’ best interest as a
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
KCU is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity
workplace. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all
employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their
demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic
information (GINA), physical or mental disability, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial
status, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other
status protected by applicable Federal, state or local law.
Annual Security Report
KCU is committed to providing a safe campus for students, faculty,
and staff. Our annual campus security report
crimes and statistics for the campus and public areas around campus
for the last three years, in accordance with the Jeanne Clery
Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics
Thank you for your interest in a career at KCU!