Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a
work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse
faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at
the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College.
We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually
dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship.
Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and
build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an
Assistant Director/Lead Support Coach, Center for Male
position. The Center for Male Engagement (CME)
is a grant-funded initiative, which is designed to increase the
retention and graduation rates of Black males and other male
students of color at the College through intentional, coordinated
and culturally responsive programming. The Assistant Director/Lead
Support Coach will provide a broad range of services including, but
not limited to, daily programmatic oversight including supervision
of staff and student workers, on-going case management, planning of
summer enrichment program, coordinate academic support, career and
leadership development, life skills and cultural enrichment
activities in a concerted effort to best facilitate academic and
personal success of its participants.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please
visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply”
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees
are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality,
comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important
component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and
all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and
New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's degree in student personnel, social services, higher
education leadership or related field required. Any and all degrees
must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Four (4) years direct experience working in an education or
social service environment along with experience working with
under-represented and culturally diverse populations
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word and
• Demonstrated competency in organizing data, maintaining files,
and preparing reports required.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement programming leading
to increased retention and academic outcomes required.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
to effectively interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds
• Exceptional organization and planning skills required.
• Excellent group facilitation and presentation skills
• Ability to collaborate with others required.
• Master's degree preferred.
• Experience working in a higher education setting preferred.
• Familiarity with integrated management software such as Banner,
Starfish, Tableau, and Engage, as well as social media platforms
• Proficient in managing budgets preferred.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/Oa2y7ZUzw6jRtgllCynLG