TUTOR - MAMMOGRAPHY PROGRAM - PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
A Tutor provides students with tutoring and instructional support
in mammography to help improve their academic capabilities and
progress academically, while promoting independent learning and
self-reliance. Tutors assist tutees in developing and improving
their competency in mammography and help students integrate soft
communication skills. Tutors may work inside the classroom as
embedded tutors; tutor students in mammography; and provide on-line
tutoring services to students enrolled in distance learning
courses. Performs related duties as required.
- Provides academic assistance and tutoring to students on an
individual or group basis on topics including but not limited to
mammography positioning, mammography anatomy, and quality control
- Tutors students to help them gain a deeper comprehension of
mammography and a better understanding of work assignments to
improve their academic success.
- Crafts effective tutoring plans to address tutee’s weaknesses
and strengths; motivates students and provides them with confidence
to feel successful.
- Provides students with learning strategies including ways to
improve study skills and retention, how to organize work, effective
use of time, and how to build better study habits.
- Schedules individual tutoring sessions at the Academic Support
Center, based on students requests for tutoring in a specific
- Assists the tutee in problem solving and applying critical
thinking techniques in the context of a specific discipline or
- Helps students develop positive attitudes and a high level of
motivation towards learning and studying, build self-confidence and
reduce anxiety or fear of failure in academic work.
- Tutors students and provide students with strategies to develop
effective study habits and skills to improve academic
- Prepares students for standardized testing and provides
strategies to overcome test anxiety.
- Participates in tutor orientation and attends professional
development and training sessions to increase competency in subject
areas and improve tutoring skills.
- May conduct academic skill reviews and lead workshops on
- Provide ongoing communication with students, Instructors and
academic advisors regrading academic progress of individual
- Maintains records on tutoring activities.
- Provides periodic student assessments and evaluations as
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or
university in higher in Mammography or related field of study, OR
be certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
(ARRT) in Mammography
- Completion of tutoring certification preferred.
- Experience in teaching, tutoring, or delivering academic
support to students at the post-secondary instructional level is
- Experience working in a large, urban community college
environment with a diverse cultural and ethnic student body is
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
- Must have two years of current clinical or teaching experience
within the medical assisting discipline.
- Proficiency in the subject area to be tutored.
- Knowledge of effective tutoring techniques and strategies in
- Knowledge of tutoring strategies used for improving students
- Knowledge of appropriate software if applicable
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students and to motivate
students to succeed
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
- Initiative – Demonstrate willingness to take on
responsibilities and job challenges
- Attention to Detail – Pay careful attention to detail and
thoroughness in completing work tasks.
- Dependability – Demonstrate reliability, responsibility, and
dependability and fulfill obligations.
- Technology Savvy – Capable user of technology who understands
the role of technology in the institution and who will guide and
support its efficient and effective use.