Director - Continuing Education
The role of the Director of Continuing Education will be to manage
and direct daily operations of continuing education and special
interest classes designed to enhance the lives of adults and
families in the community. The director will incubate and pilot
innovative programming, utilize college resources for workforce
development and engage community members in college resources. The
director will also supervise program staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, develops, and implements a comprehensive Community
Education program. Works with the College and District office
administrators to plan and execute the overall philosophy and goals
of Community Education development.
- Recommends new community and personal development courses,
workshops, and activities based on community interests and
- Ensures that Community Education courses are included in
- Assists with policy and procedures implementation for providing
- Recruits instructors and assists in the screening for
employment. Ensures that the credentials of potential instructors
are approved by the District Office. Represents the College and
Department in community outreach programs and initiatives.
- Works with the District Office Marketing team to develop
marketing plans and strategies to insure visibility of Community
- Collaborates with community organizations for development of
community education programs.
- Works with the Office of Development to draft proposals for
federal, state and private funding.
- Collects data, including financial profile and analysis
regarding continuing education and special interest programs.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within
six (6) months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City College of Chicago
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Educational
Administration, Communications, Public Administration, or related
field required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Three years demonstrated and progressively responsible
management and coordination experience working in Community
Education Programs or educational institutions.
- Three years’ experience with creating, developing and managing
educational outreach programs.
- Must be self-directed and innovative, able to assess current
operations in an effort to improve the future goals of the
Community Education department. Must be able to prioritize and meet
deadlines in a timely manner.
- Must be computer proficient with knowledge of a variety of
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of grant writing and management.
- Supervisory experience.