The Media Services Specialist supports and
maintains Audio Visual technology that is installed in the
classroom, meeting rooms and deployed for on campus events from the
TIS Media Loaner database. Works closely with TIS team members to
identify new technology and support issues in the classroom and
meeting rooms that cannot be resolved by the ISS Help Desk.
Renews the annual and acquires software for the university that is
requirements for teaching and learning. This includes installing,
updating, configuring, troubleshooting, and resolving problems with
ISS supported technology.
- Maintains and updates AV technology in the classrooms, meeting
rooms, and the Media Loaner pool.
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with other
departments, team members, and clients.
- Escalates appropriate classroom or event AV media emergency
issues to TIS team promptly while relaying critical information to
the campus community.
- Documents issue resolution and troubleshooting steps in the
- Meets with faculty & staff to analyzes, creates, and deploy
media and technology services for large scale events.
- Assist with training on media items with the student workforce
for the classroom or special events as needed.
- Provides expanded coverage for media/technical support in the
classroom & meeting room for weekday classes
- Works directly with company and Value added resellers on
renewing annual software contracts and new software acquisitions
for the university.
- Engages in personal professional development to stay current
with the demands of the position.
- Contribute and adapt quickly to team direction by accepting new
and challenging work duties.
- Explores new opportunities to enhance the services of the
- Other duties as assigned.
Faculty and Staff
Bachelor's Preferred or equivalent work
3+ years in a technology related position or
a combination of education and work experience. Must have a
demonstrated commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft
Office programs (can also include licenses, certificates, drivers
license, etc), Technical certifications preferred
- Exhibit a '(list particular customer)/customer first'
orientation in providing exceptional service in all
responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in
handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities,
responsibilities, and students' (or other customer) needs and
expectations; anticipate and identify students' (or other customer)
- Demonstrate an ability to facilitate transition and counsel
students towards the realization of full educational potential (can
be personalized for position)
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve
culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others (if
- Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment
to liberal arts education (if applicable)
- Collaborate well with others and help make ISS staff a cohesive
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to
achieve common office, division or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate
within the ISS Division and other areas of the college as
appropriate as required during high service demand times
Attention to Detail:
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful
rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff
co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies
maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a
sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email
and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work
to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming
initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its
implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in
- Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple
concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer
contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work. Some manual work
involving loud noise, dirt, dust, lifting, crawling, and/or and
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact
information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the
position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer