Associate Director of
University of Medicine and Health
Location is full time in the UMHS
corporate office in New York City.
Planned start date: September
The University of Medicine and Health Sciences, a modern
state-of-the-art medical school on the island of St. Kitts.
UMHS is a provider of medical education offering a doctor of
medicine degree program. Basic science courses are completed on the
main campus located in St. Kitts, West Indies. After passing the
USMLE step 1 exam students continue in the Clinical Program for
semester 6-10 at affiliated teaching hospitals in the United
States, Puerto Rico and Canada. The University is accredited by
Accreditation Commission on Colleges of
Medicine (ACCM), and St. Kitts Ministry of Education as well
as several US states. We are seeking a qualified candidate
for the position of Associate Director of Academic
Administration. The position is full time at the New
York City administrative office.
The position reports to the Associate Dean of Academic
Administration (ADAA). The Associate Director of
Academic Administration is primarily responsible
providing support for compiling Annual Accreditation Applications,
Databases, Self-Studies, and accompanying documentation. The
successful applicant's responsibilities for support customer
service, administrative, and selected data entry functions into our
CAMS Student Information System for the development and formatting
of UMHS Accreditation Documentation and ensuring the integrity of
the data by using reports and processes for quality assurance. In
addition, assisting the ADAA with coordinating accreditation
actions, site visits, other meetings, special projects and other
daily tasks as assigned.
Primary Job Duties:
- Supports ADAA in maintaining compliance and the University’s
- Collaborates with University staff and administration to ensure
the integrity of the data supplied to the ADAA for the development
of the annual database, applications, and self-studies.
- Communicates with Affiliated Hospitals regarding roster of
preceptors, CV’s, and appointments.
- Work with ADAA on Site Hospital Visit preparation.
- Gather and format all supporting documents for Accreditation
- Prepare statistical reports as requested by ADAA.
- Performs general data entry procedures to update, modify and
edit CAMS SIS.
- Work collaboratively with others in a diverse and inclusive
- Answer phone calls and provide customer support.
- Coordinate and complete special projects and other duties as
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Master Degree in Higher Education.
- Significant analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-starter, must be able to work unsupervised.
- Consistency with organizational processes and daily tasks.
- Excellent professional written and oral communication and
- Excellent customer service skills – must be able to work with
- Considerable knowledge of computer skills (Microsoft Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Databases, Access, etc.).
- Experience utilizing New Innovations preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Institutional
- Foreign Medical School and or LCME Accreditation experience
Salary is commensurate with training and
Interested persons should send a recent resume and letter of
interest to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please learn more about UMHS by going on our website at
umhs-sk.org and take a tour of our St. Kitts campus.