The Director of Marketing is responsible for planning and
implementing a comprehensive strategy to market Williston State
College, including Athletics, the Foundation, and TrainND Northwest
to increase awareness and enhance the college image and
relationships within the community. The Director of Marketing
provides vision, leadership, planning, and coordination in the
development and maintenance of the college’s integrated marketing
program including brand identity, market research, strategic
message development, advertising, promotional items, publications,
and audience-specific communications. This position serves as a
member of Executive Cabinet, reporting directly to the
The Director of Marketing will work in a collaborative
environment to promote the Williston State College and TrainND
Northwest brands and provide marketing, institutional information,
press releases, and recruitment assistance to a variety of campus
departments and outside constituencies.
- Create, implement, and manage the college’s integrated
- Manage the college’s brand message as communicated to the
public through college print and electronic publications, audio,
video, photographs, and other marketing materials. Includes
creation and maintenance of style manuals, standards, and
- Act as senior editor for college publications in print and
electronic format including semester-driven class schedules, annual
catalog, newspaper advertising, radio and television ads, and other
major college publications.
- Provide messaging, marketing, and design counsel to
administration, faculty, and staff.
- Perform data and market analysis, identify pertinent issues,
and make appropriate recommendations; prepare market effectiveness
reports for internal and external sources.
- Develop and authorize spending of annual marketing budget.
Recommend technical and resource allocation to meet current and
future needs of the college.
- Develop annual advertising plan and purchase television, video,
radio, print, and electronic media in fulfillment of that
- Research, design, order, maintain inventory, and re-order
promotional items for use throughout the year and/or at special
- Establish production schedules and content with key players,
compatible with internal and external client deadlines.
- Direct workflow of and evaluate consultants, freelancers, and
related vendor relationships.
- Manage production workflow to meet deadlines.
- Art-direct photo shoots and collaborate with professional
- Organize and maintain professional and amateur photo and video
- Create publications, press releases, and advertisements that
support the messages of the college for, but not limited to,
student recruitment/enrollment, celebrations, foundation giving,
and other campus offices and divisions.
- Act as Website Manager; update website graphics and content
that provide consistent messaging across marketing, advertising,
and website efforts.
- Develop a robust online presence on applicable social media
platforms; compile and report statistics on impact of online
- Work with enrollment services and academic leadership to
develop recruitment publications, e-communications, and other
marketing strategies for prospective students.
- Develop print, audio, video, and other marketing materials
(includes writing, editing, photography, and design
- Design and order business systems (letterhead, envelopes,
business cards, name tags, employee door signs, etc.).
- Build and maintain strong and effective working relationships
with print, broadcast, and other media outlets to enhance the
college’s image and reputation; develop plans for communicating
with the media in emergent situations.
- Represent the college in appropriate college and community
activities and organizations.
- Serve on cross-functional committees to address enrollment,
marketing, community support, and college operations.
- Act as primary contact for advertising salespersons, media
representatives, promoters, and marketing inquiries.
- Lead a strategic media relations program, which includes
writing press releases and providing expert sources.
- Coordinate and market campus-wide events such as celebrations,
special events, fundraisers, conferences, etc.
- Increase the visibility of the college and ensure the promotion
of college events and activities to targeted audiences using
appropriate communication venues and mediums.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan that uses multiple media
platforms to promote wider public recognition and awareness of WSC,
its students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Develop marketing material for on-campus events (signage,
- Serve as the college’s principal contact with the media.
Athletics, TrainND Northwest, and WSC
- Perform above-stated job responsibilities for Athletics,
TrainND Northwest, and WSC Foundation.
- Attend and create photo opportunities at activities and
- Update and maintain ancillary websites and social media
- Responsible for the design, layout, and content (including
photographs) for publication of The Teton Thunder.
- Produce signage, marketing materials, and publications as
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Professional work or internship experience in Marketing
- Strong working knowledge of the latest web development,
publications, e-communications, brand identity, and market research
techniques and practices
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop,
- Knowledge of marketing theory and practice
- Work experience in higher education marketing and
- Dreamweaver and Flash experience
- DSLR camera experience
For consideration, apply online and attach the
- Cover Letter
Applicant screening will begin on 9/27/2021. Job posting
will close when the right candidate has been hired.
DISCLAIMER CLAUSE: This job description is not
intended, and should not be construed, to be a complete list of all
responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, or working conditions
associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate
reflection of those principal job elements essential to making fair
pay decisions and for determining job performance.