The College of Arts and Sciences at Drexel University is seeking an
individual with strong administrative and personnel skills to
assist in the administrative management of the College. The
Administrative Coordinator II reports directly to the Executive
Assistant to the Dean and provides administrative support for the
Dean’s Office as well as support for the Associate Deans,
maintaining assignments and meeting deadlines. In addition to
managing the various administrative support functions for the
Dean’s Office, the Coordinator will lead various projects as well
as oversee the Tenure and Promotion process, Mid-point Review
process, Departmental Reviews, Department Head Searches and Faculty
Evaluations. The Administrative Coordinator II will have
exceptional communication and problem-solving skills handling
office duties and optimizing office operations. We seek an
experienced and professional individual who is highly organized,
can work independently, is a good problem solver, and has strong
verbal and written communication skills.
- Independently manage and participate in the execution of
day-to-day administrative operations of the Office of the
- Schedule meetings and send out zoom videos conference calling
as directed; manage meeting invites and agendas as assigned.
- Obtain and provide appropriate information for scheduled
appointments, document preparation, coordinating the preparation of
meetings and events as needed.
- Answer and direct telephone calls.
- Manage the College’s general email inbox.
- Greet and direct visitors to the office.
- Maintain smooth office operations including daily mail sorting
and distribution, prepare outgoing mail for pickup; managing
documentation and files.
- Create reports, prepare presentations, type correspondence and
- Coordinate and process faculty affairs process such as Tenure
and Promotion, Midpoint Review, Departmental Reviews, Department
Head Searches, and annual Faculty evaluations.
- Draft correspondence in general and relating to faculty
appointment, reappointment, and promotion.
- Assist with Human Resource processes such as hiring and
separations, data gathering, ensuring compliance with HR business
- Hire and supervise work-study students and student employees
for Dean’s office units.
- Prioritize and delegate administrative assignments to student
employees as needed.
- Organize venue, food, and refreshment for events.
- Assist with facilities and space needs; Act as liaison between
department and facilities personnel, providing access when repairs
- Submit maintenance requests and follow up on the status of
- Maintain inventory of office supplies; purchasing supplies and
make sure office equipment is running effectively.
- Assist in other miscellaneous duties as requested from the
Associate Dean for Finance and Administration.
- Communicates on behalf of and/or serves as a liaison to the
College departments, University employees and the Public.
- Perform general administrative, clerical, and executive support
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Ability to manage and systematize processes to ensure timely
disposition while meeting multiple deadlines and responding to
- The incumbent must be detail-oriented, able to work under
pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, and demonstrate
excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to interact
well with faculty, students and administration within the College
of Arts and Sciences.
- Exceptional professional judgment with significant
responsibility for ensuring confidentiality of information.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications
- Excellent customer service skills and/or related
- Proficient with MS Office including Word, Excel, Access,
PowerPoint, Adobe Pro, spreadsheet and database knowledge or
similar systems, with ability to learn University-specific systems
(HR systems, survey tools, calendar, and meeting scheduling).
- This position requires the ability to switch gears depending on
processing and/or project deadlines and remains flexible in order
to adapt to changing priorities. Must have the ability to work
independently as well as collaboratively.
- Maintains confidentiality of all matters related to faculty,
staff, and students.
- Bachelor's degree
- Familiarity with higher education/medical education, academic
medicine, or related field
- Experience with Hyperion and Banner
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Lifting demands ≤ 25 lbs
This position is classified as Exempt
with a salary grade of
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional
Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool
May 17 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Jul 16 2022 Eastern Daylight Time