The Coordinator, under the direction of the Assistant Director of
Drexel Central, serves as a front line contact for prospective and
current Drexel students and their families in the areas financial
aid, billing, registration, and student records. The Coordinator is
responsible for providing excellent customer service to these
students, and this position requires the employee to gain an
in-depth knowledge of University, state and federal policies and
procedures to be able to provide proactive assistance and guidance
while working with students. This position requires the ability to
resolve difficult situations on the university's behalf, and the
judgment to ascertain when and how situations should be escalated
to senior representatives in Drexel Central, Financial Aid, Bursar,
and the Registrar.
- Provides first-point-of-contact counseling for prospective and
current Drexel students and their families in the areas of
financial aid, billing, registration, and student records.
- Responsible for counseling students via incoming phone calls,
by researching and responding to e-mail incidents, and meeting
face-to-face with students in Drexel Central.
- Provides outstanding customer service to students and families.
Assist students with finding appropriate solutions to all financial
aid, registration and billing needs.
- Approaches every student encounter professionally and with a
positive, welcoming, and caring attitude.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive understanding of the
University's policies and procedures in relation to key areas of
financial aid, billing, registration, and student records and
demonstrates strong ability to explain and effectively counsel
students on navigating these processes.
- Meets daily and weekly quality assurance goals as an individual
and team respective to returning student inquiries, proactively
providing key information to the audience, and quality of
- Demonstrates an understanding of Drexel's Code of Conduct, HR
policies, and commitment to integrity and ethical behavior by
example in his/her day to day activities.
- Complies with all university, state and federal regulations
regarding the access and release of data.
- Participate in outreach activities as assigned including nights
and weekends (both Saturday and Sunday).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience working in a high-volume call center preferred.
- Enthusiastic, people-oriented, and enjoy working with students
and their families.
- Ability to work in a changing environment with aggressive
customer service goals.
- Ability to collaborate with peers and superiors to achieve the
- Exceptional organizational skills, willing to work as part of a
team in a fast-paced, goal- driven environment, and maintain a
- Computer proficient; experience using Microsoft Office,
knowledge of Excel and Banner preferred.
- Ability to interpret and communicate university, state and
federal policies as they relate to financial aid, registration and
billing functions; excellent mathematical and analytical
- Experience working with diverse populations.
This position is classified as exempt
with a salary grade of
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional
Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool
Nov 2 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Dec 31 2022 Eastern Standard Time