Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) Analyst provides
administrative assistance and expertise for the human subject
protection program at Drexel. As a designated reviewer for the IRB,
responsibilities include but are not limited to, reviewing of
applications; assisting investigators in developing their protocols
and informed consent forms; preparing for and participating in full
convened IRB meetings; and developing and delivering IRB-related
training to the research community.
- Review of Applications:
- Conduct thorough review of IRB applications to ensure that
federal and university requirements for application content and
informed consent documents are met.
- Assure initial, continuing review and modification reviews of
human research protocols are in accordance with Federal, HIPAA,
State, local regulations, and university policies throughout the
- Communicate with researchers and IRB contacts to ensure
accuracy and compliance with IRB agreements and university
- Use independent judgment in interpreting and applying relevant
university policies and guidelines.
- Participates in resolving issues involving research
- Coordinate full board IRB meetings by formulating meeting
agendas through a pre-review process, recording meeting minutes,
communicating, and corresponding with IRB Chair, IRB members as
well as investigators and their staff.
- Coordinate and communicate with IRB members, investigators, and
- Customer Service:
- Serve as liaison to the public, faculty, IRB, ancillary
University committees, and research staff concerning inquiries or
complaints requiring interpretation of federal regulations and
accreditation and IRB policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to address critical issues and
resolve problems within scope.
- Data Management/Reporting:
- Record compliance related activities and maintenance of
electronic IRB system.
- Ensure appropriate tracking of research projects and generating
reports regarding research actions and activities utilizing the
electronic IRB system.
- Serve as technical expert on the use of data management systems
and the application process to support users.
- Identify and process requests for training and education.
- Prepare and deliver training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and
experience; at least 5 years of experience in human research
- CIP Certification
- Basic level of proficiency regarding the submission of human
subject’s research applications and informed consent documents to
an Institutional Review Board (IRB) in compliance with federal
- Working level of proficiency identifying problems and obtaining
- Working level of proficiency processing information with good
accuracy. Evidence of attention to detail and strong organizational
- Working level of proficiency in facilitating collaborative
communication and working well with others in a professional
- Working level of proficiency listening to feedback and adding
value to customer interactions.
- Experience in writing correspondence to a federal regulatory
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
- Lifting demands up to 25lbs
This position is classified as Exempt
with a salary grade of
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional
Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool
Apr 27 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Jun 12 2022 Eastern Daylight Time