Responsible for : Assisting with a variety of
tasks not limited to but to include food preparation, receiving of
deliveries, general sanitation, cash handling, and participation in
the HACCP process of the retail operation.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 2 years experience.*
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Valid Driver's License
Ability to obtain certifications related to position, i.e.
Job Specific Task List:
- Receives any deliveries and puts the stock away, notifying the
Director of Dining about any discrepancies and records temperatures
on receiving log. Opens the kitchen and unlocks refrigerators and
records temperatures on the temperature log. Sets up sanitation
stations with proper green and red bucket. Assists with maintaining
general sanitation in the retail operation to include ware washing
both manually, mechanically, emptying of kitchen trash receptacles,
and daily or weekly sanitation assignments. - (Standard)
- Reviews production sheets to determine type and quantity of
food items to be prepared for the station that they are scheduled.
Prepares and mixes ingredients according to the approved recipes
using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment such as food
processors, blenders, mixers, slicers, steamers, fryers, ovens and
grills to prepare food items. Alerts Director of Dining Services to
any items not in stock so a substitute can be provided. -
- Assists with pre-preparation work such as defrosting items,
slicing, cleaning, and portioning product per recipe. Assists with
distribution of prepared items to various serving areas. Assists
with completion of production records to include unused portions
and shortages of product. - (Standard)
- Participates in monitoring of food quality, seasoning, and
temperature. Records temperatures onto the temperature log for all
items in the station that they are scheduled. Follow HACCP policy
set by the Director of Dining Services. Maintains food production
areas in a clean, sanitary, neat and orderly manner. -
- Reports to Director of Dining Services any problems or needs
concerning equipment, food supply, sanitation, or safety problems.
Detects and reports spoiled or unattractive food or supplies.
Cleans assigned areas following established cleaned -
- May be responsible for cash handling procedures as set by the
Director of Dining Services. - (Standard)
- Operates kitchen equipment to prepare food, under supervision.
- Cleans and maintains culinary equipment and physical space. -
- Assists in record keeping and inventory management. -
- Performs all other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Part-Time (less than 1,000 hours)
If part time, hours per week:
up to 20
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement:
As an institution of higher
education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an
environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of
inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the
community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to
open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and
equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote
a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect,
and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to
the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all
we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a
climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and
- We provide the most accurate information available in all
May 04, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
May 29, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time