- Florida Memorial University
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Sep 13, 2021
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's programs and collaborate with staff and administration to ensure students are provided with opportunities and services to help them succeed academically. All positions will provide support to various activities, have daily contact with the public, and requires the ability to interact (internally and externally) in a professional, positive, and tactful manner at all times.
- Organize and direct all aspects of the various programs..
- Develop and enforce a consistent discipline policy and enforce the code of conduct for both players and team.
- Coordinate with the department head for meetings prior to and during each semester/season. Be available to assist where needed.
- Make sure safety and proper skills and techniques are being taught.
- Assist with team evaluation and assure that the team is organized and within the organization's code of conduct.
- Help to mitigate low-level grievances and complaints between staff, students, and parents.
- Manage recruiting strategies through scouting, attending tournaments and competitions, and home visits.
- Work to raise funds for your department's annual fund and develop other fundraising activities, camps, and/or clinics to support your program.
- Participate in institutional professional development and training.
- Display behavior consistent with professional ethics and the FMU faculty and staff handbook.
- Work involves planning and directing daily requests. Ability to plan and promote special events.
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Lifting is required (i.e., set-up of departmental equipment, etc.), some manual labor is expected. Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- CPR and AED Certified.
- Bachelor's degree plus two (2) plus years of experience. Travel is necessary.
- Must be able to work well with students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule that may include working nights and weekends
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Proofreading skills required. Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert