A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's programs
and collaborate with staff and administration to ensure students
are provided with opportunities and services to help them succeed
academically. All positions will provide support to various
activities, have daily contact with the public, and requires the
ability to interact (internally and externally) in a professional,
positive, and tactful manner at all times.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Organize and direct all aspects of the various programs..
- Develop and enforce a consistent discipline policy and enforce
the code of conduct for both players and team.
- Coordinate with the department head for meetings prior to and
during each semester/season. Be available to assist where
- Make sure safety and proper skills and techniques are being
- Assist with team evaluation and assure that the team is
organized and within the organization's code of conduct.
- Help to mitigate low-level grievances and complaints between
staff, students, and parents.
- Manage recruiting strategies through scouting, attending
tournaments and competitions, and home visits.
- Work to raise funds for your department's annual fund and
develop other fundraising activities, camps, and/or clinics to
support your program.
- Participate in institutional professional development and
- Display behavior consistent with professional ethics and the
FMU faculty and staff handbook.
- Work involves planning and directing daily requests. Ability to
plan and promote special events.
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or a
negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Lifting is
required (i.e., set-up of departmental equipment, etc.), some
manual labor is expected. Work may involve moderate exposure to
unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes,
smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- CPR and AED Certified.
- Bachelor's degree plus two (2) plus years of experience. Travel
- Must be able to work well with students, faculty, staff, and
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule that may include
working nights and weekends
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Proofreading
skills required. Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing
environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity