Administrative Secretary (Social/Behavioral Sciences and Social
Social and Behavioral Science
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Administrative Secretary will be responsible for providing
administrative support to Department Chair of Social and Behavioral
Sciences and the Director of Social Work Program.
Work location will be Central State University’s Main Campus in
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide support and coordinate daily functions for Department
Chair of Social and Behavioral Sciences ( SBS ) and Director of the
Social Work program.
• Maintain materials, data and documentation for Council on Social
Work Education ( CSWE ) accreditation compliance.
• Provide support to Chair by coordinating on-campus and online
degree programs for students and instructors.
• Coordinate information/workflow with other university
units/offices including Office of the Dean, Registrar, Human
Resources, IT and Academic Affairs.
• Establish and maintain files and ensures completeness and
• Type, copy, collate and proofread reports, department minutes,
budgets, memos, classroom materials, manuscripts, correspondence
and other materials utilizing Microsoft Office Suite.
• Provide high level of customer service, answer phone, greet
visitors, screen requests and provide answers to inquiries.
• Monitor and maintain inventory of office supplies and materials;
prepare purchase orders for equipment and materials used by the
department; type and prepare other forms used by the
• Prepare bulk mailings, sorts’ incoming mail per postal
regulations and complete forms.
• Open, sort and distribute mail; prepare responses to routine
requests; send and receive electronic correspondence/faxes.
• Make travel arrangements, arrange itineraries and process
• Maintain the Department’s Banner, Jaguar, One Drive files.
• Assist the Department Chair in class scheduling.
• Prepare Adjunct Contract letters and Personnel Action Form (PAFs)
in a timely manner as required by the Office of Academic
• Assist the faculty with maintaining and scheduling the Computer
• Assist Department Chair with processing duties associated with
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of standard office equipment procedures
• Knowledge of Banner and Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent grammar and keyboard skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with a diverse/wide range of people
• Education: Associate/Bachelor degree
• Experience: College/university secretarial or office manager
• Recent or previous experience within an academic department in
the College of Humanities, Arts & Social Sciences ( CHAS
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Three Letters of Recommendation and Official Transcripts are
required. A Letter of Recommendation request will be sent to your
references if you are selected for interview. Please ensure you
provide your references’ name and email address where indicated on
the application. Send Official Transcripts to: Central State
University Attn: Social & Behavioral Sciences PO Box 1004 1400
Brush Row Road Wilberforce, OH 45384 For general inquiries or
questions regarding the posting, please contact Ms. Terri Miller
via email email@example.com.
Staff - Bi-Weekly (Non Exempt)
Budgeted Annual Salary
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest degree you hold?
- Completed all Doctorate coursework, but has not completed
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Assoicate's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- * Do you have experience working in an office environment?
- Yes- Five or more years
- Yes- Three to four years
- Yes- One to two years
- Yes- Less than one year
- * Do you have prior experience working in a university/college
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts