Coordinates the financial operations of a large or complex unit.
May oversee the activities of clerical financial support
Additional Job Posting Information:
- Reconciles the unit's financial accounts and monitors revenue
and expenditure budgets.
- Compiles recurring and ad hoc financial reports for management
and faculty; advises management and faculty on status of
- May serve as liaison to Office of Grants and Contracts
regarding financial issues.
- Oversees the cash handling function for the unit, including,
but not limited to petty cash, gift transmittals and travel
- Oversees the preparation of financial documents; reviews
financial documents for accuracy and availability of funds.
- Researches and corrects reconciliation discrepancies with
reallocations and journal vouchers.
- Participates in the annual budget development process.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
This position will provide post award administration support
services to various centers,
institutes & core facilities. The primary responsibilities will
be staying up to date with
University contracting policies and procedures to ensure that
appropriate steps are taken
until contract is fully executed. Ensure travel arrangements for
local and foreign travel for
faculty, staff & students.
Department will accept experience in lieu of education.
Department will accept education in lieu of experience.
Financial Coordinator I
: High School Diploma and 3 years of
Financial Coordinator II
: Bachelors and 1 year
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a
minimum of one (1) years of directly job-related experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following.
Notes to Applicant:
- Previous experience with Concur Travel Management.
- Problem-solving skills and a team player.
- Excellent professional communication skills both written &
- Time management skills, organized, and resourceful.
Internal Job Posting