Instructional Designer I
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) is seeking a talented Instructional Designer to join the Worldwide, Instructional Design and Development Department. The primary responsibility of the Instructional Designer I is the successful production of high-quality online courses. Working remotely, this position maintains regular communications with internal peers, course developers, media specialists, contractors, other IDD staff, the Executive Director of Instructional Design and Development, and the Directors of Course Design and Production. This role may be responsible for the overall coordination of multiple online course development activities, serving as a program manager for online course production, updates, and maintenance. The position requires superior critical thinking, interpersonal and communication skills, along with comfort working in a team environment. (More information about required skills in the Qualifications Section of this document.) The Instructional Designer I must be able to navigate the higher education academic environment successfully.
Perform direct course production duties, working with developers and other team members to enter content into the university's Learning Management System.
Oversee the production and revision of courses, including schedules, deadlines, and deliverables
Facilitate quality assurance reviews of online courseware.
*This position works remotely from a home office
- Master's Degree in Education, Instructional Design Education Technology or closely related field. A Bachelor's degree + significant work experience within instructional design may be substituted for a Master's Degree.
- At least two years of experience in course design with higher education.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Expertise with software applications used in designing online learning experiences.
- Advanced critical thinking skills in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Ability to address multiple deadlines and balance multiple needs and perspectives in a professional manner.
- Excellent personal and remote communication skills.
- Ability to work professionally and collegially in a team environment.
- Problem-solving skills that include identification, analysis, and proactive solutions in support of University goals.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Media Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach